A Christmas Event for GWF?

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I'll leave this at everyone else's discretion, I'm sure there's a charity worthy of a little help. I have ideas, but I'd rather leave it to everyone else as my choices could open up political discussions best left elsewhere. So whatever everyone else prefers.

My only suggestion for a charity would be something for the kids. I used to do stuff for what I believe is a local charity called Casey Cares, but there are national and international versions that do the same thing. The gist is basically the popular stuffed animal of the year (it was Pillow Pets for several, for example) are collected because they range from $10-$15 a piece. They’re then distributed to hospitals providing in-patient care for kids involved in auto wrecks all the way through terminal illnesses, and nothing brightens those kid’s days up like being remembered on Christmas because they have a Santa (or whoever) hand out the gifts.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Also, I took the liberty of creating a forum for this and any future events so we can split the different ideas out into their own threads. We can make it visible anytime we have events to plan, no different than the dead forums for the Wolf games. It’s right here, and where the thread has been moved to. If @Rachel or anyone else needs any mod privileges for here, or needs anything else… feel free to tag us or DM us.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
My only suggestion for a charity would be something for the kids. I used to do stuff for what I believe is a local charity called Casey Cares, but there are national and international versions that do the same thing. The gist is basically the popular stuffed animal of the year (it was Pillow Pets for several, for example) are collected because they range from $10-$15 a piece. They’re then distributed to hospitals providing in-patient care for kids involved in auto wrecks all the way through terminal illnesses, and nothing brightens those kid’s days up like being remembered on Christmas because they have a Santa (or whoever) hand out the gifts.
Yeah, that would be fun. Something that benefits the kids would be amazing!

Elusive

Introverted and Unstable
GW Elder
I'll leave this at everyone else's discretion, I'm sure there's a charity worthy of a little help. I have ideas, but I'd rather leave it to everyone else as my choices could open up political discussions best left elsewhere. So whatever everyone else prefers.
I'd prefer a heart disease one myself (runs in the family, am a victim etc) but am willing to give to everyone and then some

Rachel

The Other Rachel
GW Elder
sorry I haven't posted here in a few days. I got a little sick.

I'm now thinking I need to scale this back a bit, at least for this year. I was hoping someone with Twitch or streaming experience would be able to offer some tips or help since we are so gaming focused.

I think for this year we should stick to a live Wolf and the secret santa that Gloom has started. Live wolf could have the spectator option and we don't need Twitch for that, could just make a thread here with the link, or discord, or both.

I also need to spend time learning about possible tabletop software, I still like the idea of a DnD one shot but I think it is too much of a timecrunch from now until Christmas or New Year's. But I definitely would like to try this at some point.

I am seeing a "somewhat" response to sharing a Twitch and gaming and chatting casually with each other. I think this could be something to try for next year.

Also feeling a little overwhelmed thinking about which charity to pick. IMO my pick would be something like Toys or Tots or Extra Life (again sticking with our gaming theme).

@Crystal I think what we should do is make a thread for the live wolf sign ups and pick a date with a poll on the same thread. Tag whoever usually participates in Wolf and make a forum announcement. How does that sound?

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
@Crystal I think what we should do is make a thread for the live wolf sign ups and pick a date with a poll on the same thread. Tag whoever usually participates in Wolf and make a forum announcement. How does that sound?

This part would probably be better left for whichever game runner is going to lead it, and then she can do the announcement.

Rachel

The Other Rachel
GW Elder
Thanks everyone. I also understand this is somewhat last minute so I could try running it if the others can't.

Rachel

The Other Rachel
GW Elder
You're doing an amazing job, hon, all of this has come together very quickly thanks to your initiative ❤️
Crystal hon'ed me now my Midwest side can come out 😭

I'm not sure we need a GM to run the actual game if we use the app, but I'm happy to organize signups and a time and all that.
That's what I was wondering earlier! I've watched a few games of Among Us, I think there is a private room? So maybe same thing here, someone sets up the room?

Hm. I should pay more attention to this. Went in a different direction to what I thought. My Christmas this year is Smoother but busier than previous years though so maybe best off looking to next year.

Last edited:
Hell, we might even be able to talk @TD into some play-by-play or post-game commentary.
0168b28c6b7ffeaba1a729d3013d77cead767b2b_00.gif

L-R: @Webster and @TD

"...and right alongside TD will be yours truly, Webster: the Man of a Thousand Words, the Motor Mouth of the South, the man guaranteed to bring peace to North America by getting both Canada and the U.S. to hate him..."

• Haha
Reactions: TD
Back
Top Bottom