• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Multi Yakuza/Like a Dragon Fans?

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Nani?

I love these games and have gotten most of my friends into the series. The actual storylines are fantastic mob stories but my god the sidestories are the real star.

And after the most recent mainline series shifted from action to turn-based RPG, the series will ALWAYS have a place in my heart. I'm still annoyed about how Final Fantasy has abandoned turn-based gaming, so it's nice to steal another franchise. :link

Been making my way through Ishin!, which MIGHT end up my favorite of the series.

Nani?

I love these games and have gotten most of my friends into the series. The actual storylines are fantastic mob stories but my god the sidestories are the real star.

And after the most recent mainline series shifted from action to turn-based RPG, the series will ALWAYS have a place in my heart. I'm still annoyed about how Final Fantasy has abandoned turn-based gaming, so it's nice to steal another franchise. :link

Been making my way through Ishin!, which MIGHT end up my favorite of the series.

I just started chapter 6, we'll see where it lands for me. The sidestories havent dont much for me yet, at least the ones I've found. But am still enjoying it.

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
I've done a little dabbling here and there, and own all of the games as well as (Lost) Judgment, but haven't committed to starting the series in earnest just yet. Gonna be a whole lot to tackle, I'm sure, and there are more games already on the way! :chuckle

I've done a little dabbling here and there, and own all of the games as well as (Lost) Judgment, but haven't committed to starting the series in earnest just yet. Gonna be a whole lot to tackle, I'm sure, and there are more games already on the way! :chuckle

Be sure to take breaks as I can easily see getting burnt out. At least Y7/Like a dragon and Ishin play differently than 0-6

as i mentioned in the platinum club thread i love these games so much that i’m on a quest to plat them all but also since i’m insane in the membrane i don’t play the next one until i finish platting whichever one i’m on. the other day i finally finished platting yakuza 4 (fuck tanimura. all my homies hate tanimura) so pretty soon i’m gonna finally be starting 5. y6 is gonna be such a breath of fresh air lol

as i mentioned in the platinum club thread i love these games so much that i’m on a quest to plat them all but also since i’m insane in the membrane i don’t play the next one until i finish platting whichever one i’m on. the other day i finally finished platting yakuza 4 (fuck tanimura. all my homies hate tanimura) so pretty soon i’m gonna finally be starting 5. y6 is gonna be such a breath of fresh air lol

I cannot imagine trying to platinum these, holy hell there is so much to do in these games

i started with yakuza 0 and when i saw that there was a completion list it attacked the part of my brain that loves checking off stuff on a list. it was basically over for me from the jump. but i honestly like it since i get to see and experience literally everything each game has to offer...even if i might not always like it (looking at you, gravure photo shoot from kiwami 2)

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
There's a streamers I watch who speedruns Like a Dragon. I think he currently holds the WR on it too. Beyond that, I've only watched playthroughs of probably all the games and enjoyed the absolute madness of them all. Beyond that, none of the games have otherwise interested me gameplay wise so I just stuck to others to do the playing for me. :D

There's a streamers I watch who speedruns Like a Dragon. I think he currently holds the WR on it too. Beyond that, I've only watched playthroughs of probably all the games and enjoyed the absolute madness of them all. Beyond that, none of the games have otherwise interested me gameplay wise so I just stuck to others to do the playing for me. :D

They are fun brawler/action rpgs. I do enjoy the gameplay, but I mostly play for the story and characters

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
Be sure to take breaks as I can easily see getting burnt out. At least Y7/Like a dragon and Ishin play differently than 0-6
I'll definitely mix it up a bunch, yeah. Working through the Assassin's Creed series slowly but surely at the moment; ending up taking a couple weeks (or months, presently) off between games.

Will also be going for 100% completion on them, so I'm sure that'll at least double the runtime versus just playing through the story and major side quests.

Back
Top Bottom