• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Would you rather run into an indigenous tribe or dangerous snakes on an island

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
... How many snakes are we talking here? Can I easily see and avoid them? An I wearing good boots? Am I stuck on the island and need help or there for fun?

Probably the tribe, but if we're talking two snakes that just happen to be venomous but are easily avoided, then the snakes. Not because I'm afraid of the tribe, just because that sounds like a nightmare-level socially awkward encounter that I'd rather avoid.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
It depends on the tribe as well. When I read the question I immediately thought of the Sentinelese people in the Andaman Islands of India who are pretty famous for attacking almsot anyone who approaches the island.

That said, in general I'd probably still take my chances if the snakes were dangerous.
Yeah, people in general aren't fond of outsiders, so it is risky in that sense.

I originally thought "tribespeople" because I figured I could use my cursory knowledge of high school-level science and math to convince them that I'm a deity or something and avoid being killed... but then I realized I couldn't think of anything useful and provable that I could teach them that would benefit them in any way.

I still think maybe I'd choose the tribespeople. Maybe I could convince them that I'm some healer or something just through theatrics and the power of placebo alone.

• Haha
Reactions: Kat
I originally thought "tribespeople" because I figured I could use my cursory knowledge of high school-level science and math to convince them that I'm a deity or something and avoid being killed... but then I realized I couldn't think of anything useful and provable that I could teach them that would benefit them in any way.

I still think maybe I'd choose the tribespeople. Maybe I could convince them that I'm some healer or something just through theatrics and the power of placebo alone.
Bit like Columbus using his knowledge of a lunar eclipse to terrify the natives in Jamaica?

I think I'd need satellite internet to repeat that trick!

Back
Top Bottom