• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

PC World of Warcraft Hardcore

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
I have no experience with WoW whatsoever, but I've played far too much FFXI, FFXIV and PSO2. So the idea of permadeath in a scenario where my life is completely in the hands of (an)others fills me with dread.

Although I suppose, in fairness, it depends on the exact parameters too. Is the objective just to reach endgame/hit level cap without dying?

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I was tempted to hop on to try out HC already when the addon got traction. Currently thought, my money is better spent elsewhere.
Although I suppose, in fairness, it depends on the exact parameters too. Is the objective just to reach endgame/hit level cap without dying?
Basically yeah. One death and your character is wiped with everything tied to it. Were you a guild leader? Well sucks for you and the guild. Got a legendary drop? Into your shallow grave with you. Supposedly the official HC server will have some extra features and changes to it to make HC more fair, like rez skills are gone and some cheesy things to avoid death as well. One of the currently notorious things to do on live classic servers with the HC addon is to just play a paladin, pop your invincibility skill and while that's on you teleport away to safety. With that gone, paladins shouldn't shunned as much anymore. As much.

Back
Top Bottom