• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Multi What's a game you wish would be made but know it may never see the light of day?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
This doesnt include games that were cancelled or games that are in the preplanning stages. These are games that are in everyone's minds that they'd want to see.

My list:
Mario Kart in the vein of Smash Brothers.
-Imagine seeing Snake and Sonic racing with Mario in the same game

A proper horror fighting game with multiple IPs
-If they can give us DLC for Freddy, Jason etc they can give us a fleshed out horror fighting experience. It would sell.

More Sega sports titles
-They did one which revolved around tennis but that was back during the Xbox 360 days. Imagine Team Sonic vs Team Streets of Rage in a 5v5 basketball game.

• Donkey Kong 64 sequel. Same type of game, just modernized. I miss Rare.
  • Remaster/re-release of LOZ Windwaker and Twilight Princess. Just do it already.
  • Another Obsidian Fallout game. Same developers for New Vegas. Would love their Fallout writing in an updated engine. New Obsidian puts out half baked games like Outer Worlds. No thanks.
  • Another Red Dead Redemption style game. RDR2 is a perfect ending to the series, but damn, I would kill for another game like that.
  • Reboot of Destroy All Humans. Would be very cool in an "everything is destructible" environment.
  • The Sims "Ultimate" - all the DLC and only the best features of Sims 1-4 combined, at a normal retail price. It would be the best game ever. Right now separately, easily over $50,000.
  • Half-Life 3. It doesn't belong on this list but fuck Valve.
  • In that vein, Portal 3. Hell, I'd play these kinds of games forever.

One that comes to mind for me is a remaster/re-release of the 3 Lost Planet games. I played a ton of the first one growing up, but probably 90% of my time was spent playing online. I never even finished the story. I wasn't too into story-driven stuff back then, but now I'd love to be able to experience the story of that game, and since there are 2 other games, it'd be good to try those too.

Reactions: TD
give me a Fire Emblem fighting game made either in the vein of Soul Calibur or made by arcsys. give it a better roster than Warriors ended up with.

give me a 2K sports american football game again. it doesn't even have to be good it just has to give madden something to compete with so that they're actually incentivized to make a good game

while we're remastering beloved cult classic gamecube games let's get some remakes of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem and Cubivore.

give me Kirby Air Ride 2 but only if masahiro sakurai wants to do it

give me a 2K sports american football game again. it doesn't even have to be good it just has to give madden something to compete with so that they're actually incentivized to make a good game
I don't even care for football anymore but would love a good football game again. Madden 05 is the last one I remember being truly mind blowing to me. I feel like they've been removing features over time rather than adding them. The last 6 years couldn't have been more than graphical tweaks and removal of features lol.
while we're remastering beloved cult classic gamecube games let's get some remakes of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem and Cubivore.
Ok yeah I'm with it, would love this. So many cool ways to break the 4th wall in a game like Eternal Darkness modernized.

Madden 05 is the last one I remember being truly mind blowing to me.
not an accident that was the last year before ea's exclusive deal with the NFL kicked in lol. ESPN NFL 2K5 was also an amazing video game (and its MSRP at launch was only twenty bucks!!!)

also related i miss EA SPORTS BIG

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
Hm... if I sit here long enough I'm sure I could remember some of my latent desires from yesteryear. But a couple quick and dirties would be:

I want a new Mega Man X. And I do very specifically mean the first one, with cool interactions between stages depending on which order you do them in, snappy controls, killer music. I'm pretty sure MMX9 will happen sooner or later, but - it's not necessarily what I want. Also, still fucking waiting on Mega Man Legends 3 Capcpom, you cowards.

We I desperately still need the sequel to Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward that was teased/promised by its ending. Zero Time Dilemma fucking sucked fucking ass god fucking damn it. We were robbed! We must go back, we must fix the timeline and undo this evil?!

An Operation Darkness with a decent budget would be amazing. It's already an absurdly, obscenely overlooked game that people think is bad - it's different, and weird, but it's not bad - but I adored it and would always be first in line for more.

A new mainline, turn-based Final Fantasy directed and produced by Hironobu Sakaguchi. There's no "may never," it's simply will never. But I will forever wonder if there's any magic left before any of these guys retire. I thoroughly enjoyed both Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon despite their flaws. While we're at it, I want a remake of Final Fantasy XI. Essentially just the same game as it is/has been since 99 cap, but with an actual budget and, obviously, freed from the shackles of the PS2 production kits.

In the same vein: a full reboot of Kingdom Hearts. Taking all of the characters and narrative branches and whatnot that currently exist, but rewriting them so they're significantly less hamfisted and infinitely more enjoyably coherent. While we're at it, the game should be a fucking musical. You heard me. Big, epic scenes should just randomly break out into song - like a fucking proper Disney movie - and it would be way better for it. It should still be an Action-RPG, of course. Find a way to incorporate the two things. I will die on this hill: Atlantica was the best and worst part of Kingdom Hearts II. It was made a throwaway gimmick minigame world, and that sucked - but the characters and actors just having fun and fucking around? That's gold, baby.

Spiritual successor in the form of Armed Fantasia or not, I'd enjoy another Wild ARMs regardless of whether it was more in line with WA1/2, WA3/AF or WA4/5. Same thing with Pennyblood and Shadow Hearts - Yuri's story is finished, and that's great. But I still want more of this specific series. Things like Breath of Fire and Arc the Lad don't even have spiritual successors to fall back on, and were most recently slap-dashed into shitty mobile offerings a decade ago or whatever. Also, Grandia! And Jade Cocoon - both 1 and 2 are wildly different and could be great breaths of fresh air with modern hardware. Oh and Digimon World 1 is the GOAT and absolutely always needed a true, proper follow-up - with no hand-holding goddammit. Just throw us out into the hostile wilds and let us figure shit out for ourselves, as Jijimon intended.

...You get the idea.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Give me a FFVI pre-quel or give me death.

The game is already oozing with backstory and flashbacks of stuff you never see, if they flushed that out even more they could take all my money.

Back
Top Bottom