• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

What enoji is this?

Gloom-is-good

2.5 raccoons in a trench coat
GW Elder
I'm at the Urgent Care with my husband.. I got bit by a friend's cat last night and this morning I was like "am I being a bitch or is this abnormally painful?" My husband insisted on taking me and he's keeping our friend updated via group chat and he goes
"It’s infected and they prescribed antibiotics 🙏"
And I asked "why did you include the high five emoji?"

So let's settle this debate once and for all. Is that a high five? Or two hands put together in prayer?

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I'm at the Urgent Care with my husband.. I got bit by a friend's cat last night and this morning I was like "am I being a bitch or is this abnormally painful?" My husband insisted on taking me and he's keeping our friend updated via group chat and he goes

So let's settle this debate once and for all. Is that a high five? Or two hands put together in prayer?

I always assumed praying hands, because the shirt sleeves match, and the emoji gods tend to utilize different colored clothing to differentiate multiple “characters” in one emoji.

High Five How I Met Your Mother GIF by Laff

a dip goblin

puppy haver
Sucks
10K Post Club
GW Elder
It’s supposed to be praying hands but I think they look like high fives
I think it was actually supposed to be the reverse. Originally meant to be high five but people kept thinking it was prayer hands and that's what it became.

Also I didn't know if this thread was going to be about emojis or enokis.

that's the prayer emoji.

religious people use it all the time

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
I mean, it's literally in there as ":pray:", so...

1719877961882.png

:highfive is the one-true high-five.

:highfive

Anyone who's not communicating exclusively via GWF is doing it wrong.

But in general, it's not just an emoji I'd ever use. I'd go for :fingers_crossed: 🤞 before anything.

Back
Top Bottom