• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

PC Warhammer 40K Darktide

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
40K, in general, is in the same category as D&D for me - something I should have been all over by now, yet only know about in passing through references and clips of other people playing them and/or being silly.

Never heard of this one, so looked up a quick gameplay video. Seems a bit Gears Horde-y or Left 4 Dead-y, maybe? I could see having been into this if I had the proper friend circle, but I would imagine it's a massive drag solo. If it can even be played solo. :unsure:

Major Isoor

Dynamite with a laser beam
GW Elder
Oh hey, yeah I play Darktide now and again with friends. It's actually pretty good! I love playing as a big ol' Ogryn, with a combat knife that's the size of an adult's upper body, haha :D (Although of course, the power club is the way to go. Just crump the cultists' heads)

But yeah, it's very Left 4 Dead-y, although it mixes up maps and mission types, so that it's not quite so linear/repetitive. Very fun overall, but yeah I definitely recommend playing it with at least one friend

Back
Top Bottom