• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Sony The Last of Us...Part 3?

BlackAvatar400

So I saw online rumors that the last of us part 3 IS in the works supposedly, but it's a ways off. We're talkin 2030 or something. From what I could gather, it's gonna be the final chapter for Ellie. Don't know if she'll fight Abby again, but whatever the scenario, it probably won't be pretty. In addition, this game will be coming out on PS6?! How many more Playstations do they have to make?? Lol 😂

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I’ll believe it when I see confirmation from Naughty Dog or Neil himself. They’re flush with cash from licensing TLoU to HBO, but considering they canceled the multiplayer game and still haven’t given much beyond a tentative timeline, I’m not holding my breath. By 2030, the time for a sequel might be up… unless they strategically time the release of the second and third seasons of the show, which as it stands now were set to cover the second game. At the current release rate for the show, they *might* be able to stretch it to last until the third installment of the game. My concern is, that is still a long time to expect people to retain interest.

Smacktard

Connoisseur of fine video games
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I’ll believe it when I see confirmation from Naughty Dog or Neil himself. They’re flush with cash from licensing TLoU to HBO, but considering they canceled the multiplayer game and still haven’t given much beyond a tentative timeline, I’m not holding my breath. By 2030, the time for a sequel might be up… unless they strategically time the release of the second and third seasons of the show, which as it stands now were set to cover the second game. At the current release rate for the show, they *might* be able to stretch it to last until the third installment of the game. My concern is, that is still a long time to expect people to retain interest.
Bold of you to assume they can just coast off of Last of Us HD-Redux and Last of Us II Turbo Championship ULTRA HD re-releases for the next 7 years.

So I saw online rumors that the last of us part 3 IS in the works supposedly, but it's a ways off. We're talkin 2030 or something.
That seems really far out, there is a love of love and care into these games, but they arent huge unless they are going like open world (which i hope they dont)

From what I could gather, it's gonna be the final chapter for Ellie. Don't know if she'll fight Abby again, but whatever the scenario, it probably won't be pretty.

I image they go their separate ways though by the end of it I did like Abby more than Ellie

In addition, this game will be coming out on PS6?! How many more Playstations do they have to make?? Lol 😂
At least until we get to PS9

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Bold of you to assume they can just coast off of Last of Us HD-Redux and Last of Us II Turbo Championship ULTRA HD re-releases for the next 7 years.

Look, whatever gets us away from the inevitable Aku-Aku, Crash, and Pedro Pascal crossover event we never asked for.

That seems really far out, there is a love of love and care into these games, but they arent huge unless they are going like open world (which i hope they dont)

Just because a game is open-world or not doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s larger. Look at recent Far Cry games… Copy, paste, copy, paste.

I image they go their separate ways though by the end of it I did like Abby more than Ellie

I really expected a sequel to focus more on Lev following the Joel/Ellie, Ellie/Abby, Ellie/Abby/Lev scheme until they kill off Ellie.

I think it's a guarantee that TLOU3 is underway and will be happening. It seems pretty clear that they're going to stretch out the second game into as many seasons as they need on TV so that the show doesn't jump ahead of the game.

As for the potential plot line of the third game, I have no idea. Following Lev and/or Abby seems like the obvious route, but I'd rather the game keep following Ellie. I'm not sure there's any story left of hers to be told though.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I think it's a guarantee that TLOU3 is underway and will be happening. It seems pretty clear that they're going to stretch out the second game into as many seasons as they need on TV so that the show doesn't jump ahead of the game.

I wish that they would have stretched out the first season more, the pacing of it bothered the hell out of me for some reason. It just seemed as if they deliberately drug parts out that didn’t need to be, and skimmed right over stuff that should have been included. The way they did the episode with Bill? I think they should have had the same effort with the other supporting characters. I would have loved to see each episode that introduced a new character, regardless of the brevity of their presence, center more around their role in the story. Now, I know the goal was simply to show that everyone was insignificant in comparison to the outbreak and everything else, but humanizing the characters the way that they did with Bill would have been a great juxtaposition of the setting of the story.

As for the potential plot line of the third game, I have no idea. Following Lev and/or Abby seems like the obvious route, but I'd rather the game keep following Ellie. I'm not sure there's any story left of hers to be told though.

I could certainly see, at a minimum, the first third of the third game following Ellie. They know we’d expect her to die quickly into the story if they dared follow a similar formula, so dragging it out some and inserting it into the story a little deeper might actually prove beneficial. They could go as far as to give Ellie a form of redemption arc, and have her past come back and bite her.

Back
Top Bottom