• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Multi Steam Summer Sale

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Anyone snag anything decent from the current sale?

I pulled the trigger on Brotato, seems like a perfect game for the Deck.

...I miss the ridiculous markdowns from the old Steam Sales that would flood my library with cheap games I'd never touch.

I haven't picked anything up yet this sale. I've still got a week to decide.

My fiance got Old World which is similar to Civ. And he and another friend bought our friend Matt HOI IV and all the DLC for a great price.

I like to look through friends' wish lists or find my favorite games (like Grim Dawn, Cities Skylines, etc.) on sale and buy them for friends during sales. We convinced a buddy to buy 7 Days to Die for $6 and played that Friday night. When it's a steal like that I like to spread the addiction.

i get why they do it the way they do it now but the older sales were so much more fun with the community voted deep discounts and different deals every day. now it's just like log in and get a meaningless sticker lol

anyway my fiancee and i have been meaning to play Pentiment so we picked that up! have heard nothing but good things about it. this is good because thus far the main thing i use Steam for these days is continuing to play my ancient Football Manager 2012 save

I picked up Planet Zoo, Jurassic World Evolution, and JWE2. I'm hoping to get my 4yo nephew to build with me! He absolutely loves going to the zoo so I think he might enjoy building one too. :)
I've got 300+ games on steam. I may have a problem, but my account is 16 going on 17 years old.
Good lord, my account will be 19 years old in October 😬

I have 225 in my library. Some are dups that split their single player and multiplayer. I've got all the Serious Sam games, almost all of the Star Wars games that was released on Steam, every version of Half Life save for Alyx (because I don't have a VR set). A handful of franchises take up the majority of my library.

I have a few games I'm interested in getting. Little disappointed that Urban Chaos isn't on sale, but it already is 7 bucks. Urban Chaos is the game that ACTUALLY started the open world/third person shooter/sandbox game genre that GTA popularized. The PC version was the only version that was well received. Armed and Dangerous is $2.09.

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I got a few games on my list that I'm on the fence of buying. Well, they do go on sale often so It's just a matter of whatever or not I care to get them now or later.

I do want Rimworld, but that thing is notoriously stingy about sales. Never goes on for anything less than 20-25% off and all the expansions (that you do want) are even less or no sale.

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Yeah... :sad There def ends up being performances hitches in the game. Mods usually don't help either and can just out right make your game miserable if one or two of them misbehave. Never did do co-op so no idea how that affects anything.

And to be perfectly transparent, I did have Rimworld before, but it was bought with a giftcard and later that giftcard was deemed to be fraudulent and Steam pulled the money and games bought with it. :wow Can't trust the friends of your friends.

Back
Top Bottom