• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

spoonerism shuffle

hello fools. i have cooked up a wicked game for you to enjoy. you are probably familiar with the concept of a spoonerism even if you may not know it by that name. it’s where you goof up a phrase by switching the first sounds of two words. a famous one:

Pobody’s Nerfect!

you catch my drift. so here is the conceit of this game. i will give you a horrid ai “art” image that represents a spoonerism. you will have to reverse engineer the solution to “solve it.” an example for your addled mind:

IMG_9343.jpeg
awful! i hate it! but clearly my guy is taking a bite out of a sickle made out of rice. he is biting his rice sickle. so the solution here is “riding my bicycle!” one point to me.

everyone understand? no? great! i will be providing hints completely arbitrarily and at my own discretion. there will be a leaderboard and the first person to so and so number will get a badge or something.

i have made the first round extremely stupid and difficult. good luck!

IMG_9346.jpeg

leaderboard

canadaguy - 1
nae'blis - 1

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jon
Fairly certain one of the words is weed. For we (pronoun) and mead.

I sense arrows and king come into play too, but my head hurts now.
ding ding ding! you’ve got king and you’ve got meat. specifically the king’s mead. now there’s just one part missing…

(that said, glad you got the weed part from the pronouns but that wasn’t my intent. no, the pronouns mug is a hint for the last word…

actually as i was posting this canadaguy got it!!! congrats now i have to think of another one

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
Did woke also confuse the AI and make him sleeping?

I was stuck on the sleeping forever

edit: I'm assuming woke was where the pronouns bit came from too?

edit: I'm assuming woke was where the pronouns bit came from too?
this was my main intent lol but i wasn’t sure if it would be clear enough so i adjusted the prompt to have him be waking up as another hint

i’ve cooked up our next one and boy is it bad!

IMG_9354.jpeg
the hint for this one is that those aren’t flies. they are meant to be another small pest of an insect

ding ding ding! you’ve got king and you’ve got meat. specifically the king’s mead. now there’s just one part missing…

(that said, glad you got the weed part from the pronouns but that wasn’t my intent. no, the pronouns mug is a hint for the last word…

actually as i was posting this canadaguy got it!!! congrats now i have to think of another one
I deserve a half point for that :link

Back
Top Bottom