• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Sometimes nothing hits like a Glass Bottle (Mexican) Coke a cola

Had one for lunch today with some pizza I made, goes hard on a hot summer day

For those who don't live in the hell hole of capitalism that is the USA, big corn rules the sugar world and high fructose corn syrup is highly subsidized and used for a lot of sweeteners in almost everything, including most sodas

The ones in the glass bottle (often in the Mexican food section) are made with real sugar
1719526574557.jpeg

Attachments

• 1719526500358.jpeg
    1719526500358.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 2

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
ANY Mexican variation of soda is better, hell, even most of their domestic sodas are pretty good. They usually have them at the food trucks, too.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
All I can think about is our current Prime Minister completely misunderstanding why people drink Mexican coke in an attempt to look cool and hip. Hopefully he'll be back in California soon to sample some more.

I don't drink many soft drinks these days but I used to drink Coke and the American version tastes like sludge.

It’s battery terminal cleaner around these parts.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

You ain't fooling me.

I mean the "forgot to remove the attachment of the pickle jar full of Coke wearing a cowboy hat" doesn't help your case...

1000007239.jpg

Although you're not wrong about the premise. High fructose corn syrup is stupid.

a dip goblin

puppy haver
Sucks
10K Post Club
GW Elder
Where do you live? They have become more common where I live, used to only be in the mexican isle.

I also love when I visit florida and due to kosher or something there are a lot of sodas with real sugar
Just outside Boston. I stopped buying soda years ago so I have no idea if it's common here now to be honest.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
You call Arnold Palmers half and half?

Goes back before my time. Remember when all the small time shops had these fountains?

IMG_8279.jpeg

Well, with us being at the Mason-Dixon, one of the few southern things we adopted was sweet tea. All the shops here had two or three choices… sweet tea and lemonade was standard, “punch” was the occasional third. So, legend has it that the term “half and half” came from a language barrier between shop owners and customers… some just didn’t know what an Arnold Palmer was, some just found it easier to communicate “half and half”… or at least that’s what I was always told.

Back
Top Bottom