• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

so this Swerve vs Adam Page feud in AEW

rktaker

I have really fallen off the AEW over the last year there is one thing that has caught my eye and that's Shane "Swerve" Strickland vs "Hangman" Adam Page. This feud in my honest opinion is the best feud AEW has had in quite some time. it started about a year ago with Strickland basically telling Page that he's coming for that top spot and that Page doesn't seem to really want it anymore. Strickland broke into Page's house and threatened his toddler (offscrean). these two hav e been at war with each other ever since.

Strickland has already won two matches against page and normally that would be the end of the feud but these two would continue the feud even being in a triple threat match for the AEW world championship. Strickland would later end up winning the championship. Page would join team Bucks in the Blood and Guts match just to get back at Swerve because at this point he's obsessed with him. AEW has kind of had a mixed bag at times with long term booking (some of it not their fault exactly.) but this really works well for them and I'm always interested to see what's gonna happen between the two.

that brings me to this past Wednesday at Dynamite at the "contract signing" between Swerve and Page. Earlier on they showed that Strickland bought his "childhood home" and that led to this at the contract signing

so yeah this goes beyond just the typical Face/heel dynamic with both guys basically treating the other as the heel in their own story their match at All Out got turned into an unsanctioned Steel Cage match and I can't wait to see what happens in this. the Start of Shane Strickland in AEW wasn't great but over the past year has really shown what WWE missed when they let him go

rktaker

Considering we had Toni Storm vs Mariah May too, this says a lot.
Mariah and Toni was good too and is definitely up there with Swerve and Page. since i haven't been paying too much attention to AEW idk but is Mariah and Toni still going or is the feud done now?

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Swerve/Hangman is, IMO, the best feud in AEW history and one of the greatest of all time.

Hangman in particular has shown multiple times that he is capable of portraying long-term, deep, meaningful storylines to the point where he's on my personal Mt Rushmore of wrestling already, and he's only 33.

That "match" last night was nuts and was well worth having to go to work on less than 4 hours sleep.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Swerve/Hangman is, IMO, the best feud in AEW history and one of the greatest of all time.

Hangman in particular has shown multiple times that he is capable of portraying long-term, deep, meaningful storylines to the point where he's on my personal Mt Rushmore of wrestling already, and he's only 33.

That "match" last night was nuts and was well worth having to go to work on less than 4 hours sleep.
I didn't catch this ppv (hard to justify another one this soon after all in) but caught some highlights. Both these guys are proving themselves generational talents.

Can't imagine where they go from here, but I'm sure they are gonna surprise us.

Back
Top Bottom