• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

RFK possibly dropping out of the race this week and endorsing Trump instead

his ass would not be dropping out if it was still biden lol. i also struggle to imagine a person who would be torn between rfk jr and kamala but i’m sure they exist. maybe someone going on name alone assuming every kennedy is a democrat? but the rest of his family has been pretty vocal about disowning him so

his ass would not be dropping out if it was still biden lol. i also struggle to imagine a person who would be torn between rfk jr and kamala but i’m sure they exist. maybe someone going on name alone assuming every kennedy is a democrat? but the rest of his family has been pretty vocal about disowning him so
I think it's a mix of both those things.

For the RFK -> Kamala switchers I think it's a case of people supporting RFK thanks to a disaffection from both parties/politics in general rather than any love for his policies.

For the latter point RFK's favourability amongst Republicans has held steady but amongst Dems and Independents it has dropped. I guess there are people who don't follow the news that much and who were not very aware of what he stood for. Both groups I'm talking about are really small in the grand scheme of things..

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Okay that would make sense, since it seems his leanings are more in line with Trump anyway (thus the possible endorsement and joining his administration if he wins). In that case I guess it's better if RFK stays in, depending on the polling in each state.

Or… hear me out… Trump drops Vance, citing controversies and drama (aka, stealing the show) and pushes RFK Jr. up in his place.

That would be just wild enough to be on the next episode of ‘Murica.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
…i hate how realistic that sounds AND how it would probably work

…can you tell that nothing would surprise me anymore?

The fucked up thing is, I’m not even trying to be funny. It’s easy to see how both sides are playing angles, like this is some kind of damn game, but it almost is to them. I’d love to wake up tomorrow, turn on the news, and see actual and tangible campaigning. Not this “vote for me because I’m not them” bullshit we’ve grown numb to.

Not EVERYONE supporting RFK are on the right. A lot of his staff are actually former democrat campaign members. His supporting Trump is a small blow to Harris because even 2% of the 5% he's earned makes a large enough dent in the overall polls.
This wouldn't matter though. If the number of Democrats he attracts is smaller than the number of Republicans it's a benefit to Harris.

This wouldn't matter though. If the number of Democrats he attracts is smaller than the number of Republicans it's a benefit to Harris.
It matters in a race this close. If, for example, it's 48% Trump, 47% Harris, 5% RFK and he drops out and 3% go to Trump, 2% to Harris, it's 51/49 in favor of Trump.

Of course, these numbers are both hypothetical and made up, but the point is the same. Every little bit counts, and him pulling 5% away from both mat be more tolerable if he's pulling more Trump support away.

Cam

Slightly Insane
remember when he first tried to secure a cabinet position in exchange for dropping out/endorsing Kamala? Now he's set to endorse Trump. He is a total grifter.

Makes me wonder if he has a cabinet position lined up if Trump wins in November.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
So it looks like he only dropped out of states where he would damage Trump's chances but is still filing to be on the ballot in states where he may siphon from Kamala (Never-Trump Republican votes basically).

Reactions: Jon
So it looks like he only dropped out of states where he would damage Trump's chances but is still filing to be on the ballot in states where he may siphon from Kamala (Never-Trump Republican votes basically).
turns out because he's so bad at filing paperwork there are some swing states in which he's gonna remain on the ballot even though he tried to withdraw lol. for example in north carolina some precincts have already started printing absentee ballots so he's stuck on there

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

Back
Top Bottom