• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Regional differences in sayings?

Ashlee

GWPS Mascot
GW Elder
I'm having an ongoing argument on sayings, so settle this for me: Did you hear, "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit" or "you get what you get and you don't get upset" while growing up?

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
I'm having an ongoing argument on sayings, so settle this for me: Did you hear, "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit" or "you get what you get and you don't get upset" while growing up?
I just got hit.

but here's a more fun one. if you are *not* from the north eastern United States.

what do you call it when it's raining while the sun is still shining?

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder

This may be an interesting thing for everyone.

"Pitch a fit" is pretty common in the southeast, but I've never heard either of these phrases.
I took that (or something similar) before, and the results were amusing for me. I was a military brat and moved around a lot, and it didn't come up with anywhere I had lived. It did match where both of my parents learned to talk, though.

I've never heard the phrase asked about, but I agree "upset" is the natural choice because it rhymes.

Back
Top Bottom