• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Real-Life Memes..?

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
This is a super random question/thought, but have you ever encountered a meme in real life?

I ask this because as I was driving today, I happened to notice a groundhog standing by the road, upright but twisted around to look at my car, basically the same as the classic gif below. The moment my brain registered the connection, my phone notification went off playing the Metal Gear Solid alert sound. I lol'd. I wish I'd been in my other car that actually has a dash cam, but alas.

Groundhog What GIF

What's the closet you've gotten to internet humor without a screen in the way?

This is a super random question/thought, but have you ever encountered a meme in real life?

I ask this because as I was driving today, I happened to notice a groundhog standing by the road, upright but twisted around to look at my car, basically the same as the classic gif below. The moment my brain registered the connection, my phone notification went off playing the Metal Gear Solid alert sound. I lol'd. I wish I'd been in my other car that actually has a dash cam, but alas.

Groundhog What GIF

What's the closet you've gotten to internet humor without a screen in the way?
Isn’t that a prairie dog?

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I don't have a picture of it, but there was some meme I saw once which was a message spray painted on one of those concrete barriers they use in road construction a lot. The next day I was driving around town and saw it in irl! Luckily it was just after a stop sign so I wasn't going very fast, it took me so much by surprise I probably would've wrecked otherwise.

I guess it shouldn't be that surprising. There are probably billions of memes and those pictures of things have to find from somewhere. It was like the first time you run into a teacher in the grocery store, though.

Back
Top Bottom