• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Pancaked

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
So I got pancaked by a tractor trailer/18 wheeler on my way to work

Long story short: Vehicle 2 cars up slammed on brakes, then car in front of me, then me. The car in front of me and I missed hitting each other and the one who initially slammed on brakes, but then the tractor trailer hit me

I’m at the hospital getting evaluated. Pain, but nothing seems broken so far. The EMT from the scene said my Subaru saved my life. Makes me feel good, but also bad thinking what could have happened

Back of my car plus the truck that hit me.

IMG_9542.jpegIMG_9550.png

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Yeah. What makes matters worse is we own the car and I just replaced both front control arms less than month ago

Worst case scenario? They write it off as a rolling total, which is what I expect considering the impact. The fact that you’re able to post and not in worse shape is a testament to how fortunate you are. Dealing with the insurance company is a minor inconvenience compared to the alternative. I’m glad you came out of it relatively unscathed… but you’re definitely gonna want to take some ibuprofen before bed, you’re gonna be stiff in ways you don’t wanna be tomorrow.

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Well, sucks for you… now you’re stuck here more.

greater good sacrifice GIF by SYFY

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
How are you feeling over there today, @shortkut?
About the same. Meds are good

Just spoke with the body shop. Car should reach them by tomorrow, but after seeing pictures of the damage, he expects repairs to take about 3 weeks. Apparently a lot of the auto companies were hacked and the part ordering systems were impacted.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder

Just spoke with the body shop. Car should reach them by tomorrow, but after seeing pictures of the damage, he expects repairs to take about 3 weeks. Apparently a lot of the auto companies were hacked and the part ordering systems were impacted.
Ugh, do you have a loaner or rental in the meantime?

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
That's not bad, and you get a little excitement for a couple of weeks!
If they have all the parts or can order them, I’m going fancy… if they can’t then I’m going to be more practical. If I take public transportation, my commute becomes 3 hours each way, if I don’t have to wait for each leg of my trip

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

Glad to hear you’re managing at least, but, it’s always something with those guys…

It is an $8/day difference between a compact/economy car and a jaguar

…til you go to fill it up before you return it.

a dip goblin

puppy haver
Sucks
10K Post Club
GW Elder
I was rear ended pretty badly in college (I was stopped and someone who was texting hit me at 40 without hitting the brakes at all). I think something weird happened where her insurance paid for my rental car until my insurance gave me the money for my totaled car.

I still have back problems today because of it though, but can deal with it.

Anything like that at risk for you? If you can see if your insurance will pay for massage therapy. I got 3 months of weekly massages after that one. Would highly recommend @shortkut

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I was rear ended pretty badly in college (I was stopped and someone who was texting hit me at 40 without hitting the brakes at all). I think something weird happened where her insurance paid for my rental car until my insurance gave me the money for my totaled car.

I still have back problems today because of it though, but can deal with it.

Anything like that at risk for you? If you can see if your insurance will pay for massage therapy. I got 3 months of weekly massages after that one. Would highly recommend @shortkut
Hopefully not, but I’ll look into it if needed

Back
Top Bottom