• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Multi Palworld

Woof I am fuckin HATING this game. Got about an hour in, and have only experienced frustration. Not sure if I'm going to refund yet. But god damn, I do NOT see the addictiveness in this. Wasted damn near 20 pal balls because of the UI and controls. Tutorial is shit. My friend explained how to play 100 times better than the """"""""""""tutorial""""""

:shakefist

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
I watched my partner play it for most of Saturday, seemed okay even with all the blatant copying/stealing undermining whatever sense of wonder there's supposed to be. She caught ~50 unique Pals and completed the first boss/not-Gym-Leader within like 5 or 6 hours, maybe? Allegedly something like 110 Pals in total (with variants bringing it to 130-something) and like 5 bosses/not-Gym-Leaders, so it doesn't seem like it would be a lengthy or particularly satisfying distraction longer-term? Especially with how infrequently Pocketpair is said to have updated their previous (still-in-)Early Access games like Craftopia.

TL;DR couldn't imagine buying it, maybe fuck around with it for a few hours via Game Pass and call it good.

Its SO not my kind of game, I normally don't dig survival/crafting games, but there's something about it that is very amusing.
Whacking Eevees and Meowths with a fucking axe. Fun for all ages! :giggle

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
It was on sale. I tried it.

Got 20 minutes in before I started thinking "why?" and put it up.

Survival games are even some of my favorite, but... This just seems derivative. There's way too much "run around and pick up rocks and sticks" to start with, and it doesn't grip me to want to push past that and get any further into the tech tree.

Maybe if you're playing with friends just for the lulz, but... I don't think I'll put a lot of time into it otherwise.

rktaker

It was on sale. I tried it.

Got 20 minutes in before I started thinking "why?" and put it up.

Survival games are even some of my favorite, but... This just seems derivative. There's way too much "run around and pick up rocks and sticks" to start with, and it doesn't grip me to want to push past that and get any further into the tech tree.

Maybe if you're playing with friends just for the lulz, but... I don't think I'll put a lot of time into it otherwise.
if it helps it gets better once you start using pals to automate things like getting wood and stone imo, it just takes a bit of time to get there, especially if you're playing by yourself but obviously it's not for everyone

rktaker

trailer for new update dropped during summer games fest, got some cool stufdf in there, well to me at least

Back
Top Bottom