• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Neon Nexus Neon Nexus 2: Return to the City (Day 2)

Who Should the City Extirpate? (4 Votes Needed)

• Zell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Local Hero

• Smacktard

• canadaguy

• Vash

• Alu

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note I have removed the ability to gift resources! Certain Roles, Kills, and successful Defends are the only ways to earn additional resources!

Link to the Role Dictionary

Special Conditions

• In this game using abilities is not free. Resources are used to pay for abilities.
  • Each role is assigned a starting number of resources with which to use up front.
  • City Roles will use their resources independently. You may use your ability unlimited times, provided you have the resources to pay for it, unless specified otherwise in the role description.
  • Corpo resources are pooled together and can be used in any combination the Corpo agents choose collectively.
  • When using Corpo abilities, the Corpo agents must notify me of the distribution of points. For example, if the total pool of the Corpo agents is 50 resources, and they choose to use an ability that costs 10 resources, they must declare whose resources are being used to pay for the ability use. The nightly kill from the Corpo agents does not cost resources.
  • Resources from a killed Corpo agent are deducted from the Corpo pool.
  • For abilities that automatically use resources, the resources MUST be present in the Corpo pool at the time of ability trigger. If there isn't, the ability will fizzle.
  • Lone Wolf roles are assigned different starting resources depending on the role.
  • For city roles, additional resources can be acquired by:
    • Certain role abilities
    • Eliminating players
    • Successfully defending another player
  • For Corpo, additional resources can only be acquired via eliminations.
  • Lone Wolves have special conditions with resources specified within their roles.
  • Successful eliminations award the killing player all the remaining resources the killed player had remaining.
  • Successfully defending another player will award the defender 5 resources paid to them by the city (and not tied to a player).
  • Some roles' abilities are exceptionally powerful and cost more than the starting resources.

Win Conditions

The City –
Kill the Lone Wolf and all Corpo Agents
Corpo – Kill the Lone Wolf and have as many Corpo Agents as City Roles
Lone Wolf – Be the last person standing
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Day 2 will open at 9:30pm EST!

As he awakens from an uncomfortable night, amazing citizen Jon sits up in his bed and rubs his neck. Somehow, all the previous days' events seem out of mind. Maybe it had something to do with the blue pill he took. But taking the pill, it got stuck in his throat. He had a stiff neck all night. Oh well... may as well get ready for my day. He thought.

Rising from the bed, Jon starts exercising. Doing some side stretches, he gets about three per side.

Oof, what a workout. I'm done.

He goes to the bathroom, performs his morning urination, misses the bowl entirely, then goes to brush his teeth. All in all, a good morning... once he gets his coffee.

Oh man, I hope they have my triple pumpkin latte this morning!

Excited, he runs out the door, and bounds down the nearby stairs. On the way, he knocks into JD, who is hit so hard he goes flying over the railing. JD hits the ground with a thump and looks over his shoulder. He narrowly missed a nail puncturing his head, instead it barely clipped his ear.

SHIT! The same thing happened to my dad! I'm so lucky I turned my head at the last second!

Without a glance back, Jon was halfway down the street when he saw the police cars. The digital police rope blocking a crime scene, Jon stops near the nearby channel 10 van, listening to the newsposition.

A terrible scene unfolded here in the middle of the night as what we can only explain as gang violence broke out! The victims, who have yet to be identified, are from rival gangs. The first, a samurai, who used his deadly katana to perfection slicing the rival hacker as he tried to send an electronic message to someone he was unable to reach. Shortly after the murder, what can only be described as a bounty hunter then murdered the samurai and disappeared. The shot was taken with pinpoint precision, no one would have survived! We will continue to update this ongoing story as we get details!

Holy shit... Jon thought. We haven't seen violence like this in ages! Imagine if there was even ONE more death?! May be some kind of record. The blue pill had both effects it was supposed to. Jon has seemingly forgot that we saw a massacre just like this yester.

Fuck, I need coffee.

Jon decides to listen to music while he walks the rest of the way to the coffee shop. In his ears, the insect band was playing again. This time, a song he assumed was called "Yesterday" was playing.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dimmerwit was killed by the Street Samurai. Dimmerwit was the ?????.

Fool's Requiem was killed by the Bounty Hunter. Fool's Requiem was the Street Samurai.

Day will be close at 9:30pm EST tomorrow.

Coolest role name I never heard of 🫡
Classic Film Bow GIF by Warner Archive

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Alright. I feel like I haven't really participated much in this so far, being in a bad head-space and having a power that I don't see a use for yet.

So I figure the least I can do is try to work out who was what and what we've potentially got left, for both myself and anyone else who's kinda lost.

Starting distribution;
10 x Random City
4 x Random Corpo
1 x Random Lone Wolf

Number assignments (Jon told me I'm #3);
1. Dead Body
2. Quagmire
3. Benzine Ben
4. Zell
5. dimmerwit
6. Fool's
7. Local
8. Jawneh
9. Benzine
10. Kelly
11. Kat
12. canadaguy
13. Vash
14. Kut
15. Alu

Known roles;
1. Dead Body - Ganger - Killed by Corpos Night 1.
2. Quagmire - Informant - Killed by Genetic Scientist Night 1.
3. Benzine Ben
4. Zell
5. dimmerwit - ???? - Killed by Street Samurai on Night 2.
6. Fool's - Street Samurai - Killed by Bounty Hunter on Night 2.
7. Local - Neon Dealer - Role confirmed by Informant's death on Night 1 - Claims Alu is good.
8. Jawneh
9. Benzine - Nomad - Killed by visiting the Dead Body on Night 1.
10. Kelly
11. Kat - Corpo Executive - Killed by Bounty Hunter on Night 1.
12. canadaguy
13. Vash - Claims taking night action with no effect.
14. Kut - Claims night actions with... Opposite effect?
15. Alu - Stated good by Local Hero.

DEAD TRUSTED MASKED UNKNOWN

Notes;
  • The Genetic Scientist can only infect 1 person per game, so they're spent.
  • I guess it's most likely that Dimmerwit was the Brainhacker, with Local selected as his target to give him resources on death.
    • However, Local did not announce that Dimmerwit was the Brainhacker, just "assumed good", which if he had been the selected target he would have been told.
    • If Dim was the Brainhacker and had no target picked, the killer gets his resources but wouldn't learn the role.
    • While that sounds suspicious, Local was confirmed as a Neon Dealer, so unless I'm missing a role that can fake someone else's role I'm thinking he's clear.
  • There's also a chance Dimmerwit was the Rogue Engineer and used the Invisibility Cloaking Generator to mask his role on death.
    • If we had a Netrunner, they could work out what Dimmerwit was.
  • The Bounty Hunter only starts off with 5 resources and a kill costs 5. The Bounty Hunter has killed 2 people, so either they got the resources to do so from someone else, or the first kill awarded them resources? I think only the Fixer can assign resources out to others.
  • Local claims Alu is good, but Neon Dealer has no information revealing power. This probably means that Local received something from Alu and/or was informed of his role. So Alu could be VR Junkie or a second Nomad and visited Local, I guess.
  • Wait... Vash said he did the same thing as night 1 and nothing happened... That could potentially mean Vash is the Lone Wolf Traitor, and he's been planting bombs on people? Could also apply to shortkut who said the same thing but with less panache. 🤔

Remaining?
6 x Random City
3 x Random Corpo
1 x Random Lone Wolf

Brain is loading-gif.gif now. Will sleep on it.

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Alright. I feel like I haven't really participated much in this so far, being in a bad head-space and having a power that I don't see a use for yet.

So I figure the least I can do is try to work out who was what and what we've potentially got left, for both myself and anyone else who's kinda lost.

Starting distribution;
10 x Random City
4 x Random Corpo
1 x Random Lone Wolf

Number assignments (Jon told me I'm #3);
1. Dead Body
2. Quagmire
3. Benzine Ben
4. Zell
5. dimmerwit
6. Fool's
7. Local
8. Jawneh
9. Benzine
10. Kelly
11. Kat
12. canadaguy
13. Vash
14. Kut
15. Alu

Known roles;
1. Dead Body - Ganger - Killed by Corpos Night 1.
2. Quagmire - Informant - Killed by Genetic Scientist Night 1.
3. Benzine Ben
4. Zell
5. dimmerwit - ???? - Killed by Street Samurai on Night 2.
6. Fool's - Street Samurai - Killed by Bounty Hunter on Night 2.
7. Local - Neon Dealer - Role confirmed by Informant's death on Night 1 - Claims Alu is good.
8. Jawneh
9. Benzine - Nomad - Killed by visiting the Dead Body on Night 1.
10. Kelly
11. Kat - Corpo Executive - Killed by Bounty Hunter on Night 1.
12. canadaguy
13. Vash - Claims taking night action with no effect.
14. Kut - Claims night actions with... Opposite effect?
15. Alu - Stated good by Local Hero.

DEAD TRUSTED MASKED UNKNOWN

Notes;
  • The Genetic Scientist can only infect 1 person per game, so they're spent.
  • I guess it's most likely that Dimmerwit was the Brainhacker, with Local selected as his target to give him resources on death.
    • However, Local did not announce that Dimmerwit was the Brainhacker, just "assumed good", which if he had been the selected target he would have been told.
    • If Dim was the Brainhacker and had no target picked, the killer gets his resources but wouldn't learn the role.
    • While that sounds suspicious, Local was confirmed as a Neon Dealer, so unless I'm missing a role that can fake someone else's role I'm thinking he's clear.
  • There's also a chance Dimmerwit was the Rogue Engineer and used the Invisibility Cloaking Generator to mask his role on death.
    • If we had a Netrunner, they could work out what Dimmerwit was.
  • The Bounty Hunter only starts off with 5 resources and a kill costs 5. The Bounty Hunter has killed 2 people, so either they got the resources to do so from someone else, or the first kill awarded them resources? I think only the Fixer can assign resources out to others.
  • Local claims Alu is good, but Neon Dealer has no information revealing power. This probably means that Local received something from Alu and/or was informed of his role. So Alu could be VR Junkie or a second Nomad and visited Local, I guess.
  • Wait... Vash said he did the same thing as night 1 and nothing happened... That could potentially mean Vash is the Lone Wolf Traitor, and he's been planting bombs on people? Could also apply to shortkut who said the same thing but with less panache. 🤔

Remaining?
6 x Random City
3 x Random Corpo
1 x Random Lone Wolf

Brain is View attachment 21402 now. Will sleep on it.
Kitty Quit GIF

• They're Not Wrong
Reactions: Ben

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Voting @Jawneh until he provides an update from the land of the dead. I need my news delivered in the morning
The other night, Benzine had called out a very eloquent wordy fellow to have a pint at his local watering hole. Just a friendly drink to share stories and have a fine night. He did say the guy did kind of look dead inside, which may or may not have been the rotten smell also.

Benzine had gotten a bit too much fun and was horsing around. He accidentally took a swig from the fellows bottle. Honest accident. No biggie as the two had bonded in the short time together.

So yeah. The drink was laced with some nasty neuro poison. Benzine only got a bit of it so it took him longer to die. He also told to vote me.

Oh, and Fool's also seconded voting me since he blames me for getting killed. Not the samurai who cleanly cut him into hundreds of tiny little cubes, but me who was asking for a list of people, that none of y'all even entertained the idea of giving me, so i made mine. So i say it's the rest of your fault more than mine.

dimmerwit was shocked he wasn't a corpo (wolf) again. He was a brain hacker and hacked Locals brain as he was a known good city lad.

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
In other news, I watched some VR pr0n last night with Kelly and shared a nut. It was basically better than real sex as everything is so real, but you don't actually need to physically interact with other people if you don't want.

a dip goblin

puppy haver
Sucks
10K Post Club
GW Elder
Okay so there was no corpo kill last night, meaning they probably targeted someone who was either killed by someone else or protected. And since both kills came from a city member, I'm guessing dimmerwit was the generic engineer who masked himself. Trying to see another way it would be hidden but I'm not sure yet.

If that's the case, we're down to a 6-3 game at this point. Local is confirmed good, and vouching for me. And that means it's a little worse than a 50/50 shot for the remaining people to be bad. If you're good and neither myself nor local, you do have a 50/50 shot at guessing a bad guy.

Anyone have any information?

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
If you believe me, we got me and Kelly as good, giving us 4 out of 6 city. We would only have one more city, the solo, and 3 corpo left unaccounted. 80% to kill any of the evils sounds very nice to me.

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Sorry, Rogue Engineer.
I would think they engineer would use resources to block a kill attempt rather than hide their role info. Though it has been two nights so there is two thingamajigs made. The protection would be the #1 thing to make and after that either kills or shenanigans.

Also what Local said. And what I said about dimmerwit when I asked what his role was in the dead thread.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
I'm sus of Jawneh, mostly for continuing to play the "lol I'm talking to the dead" even after claiming to be the VR Jerker. Seems possible that's an angle to clear him and Kelly. I could just be in "they're evil" mode from last wolf game though...

Sorry, Rogue Engineer.
Oh, dimmerwit was the brain hacker, I forgot his explicit role was stated when he gave me resources
So if Local is confirming Brainhacker like I thought dimmerwit was, then we've still got the Lone Wolf out there.

I'm currently thinking Jawneh and Kelly are sus as Corpos, but I'm also suspicious of Vash being the Traitor planting bombs, what with that "I did the same thing both night but nothing happened" comment.

So I'm gonna say we get signal someone set up us the bomb. We have no chance to survive make our time.

I'd get behind this, despite thinking big badda boom is coming.

@Smacktard you also stating Jawneh gave you an Occulus Orgasm last night?

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I'm sus of Jawneh mostly, for continuing to play the "lol I'm talking to the dead" even after claiming to be the VR Jerker.
I'll acknowledge this, but it's also a fun bit (to me). Probably going to be here to stay unless I get bored of it sooner rather than later.

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I'm currently thinking Jawneh and Kelly are sus as Corpos, but I'm more suspicious of Vash being the Traitor planting bombs, what with that "I did the same thing both night but nothing happened" comment.
... am I the only one who is getting an eerie feeling of a similarity to the last wolf game here?

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
... am I the only one who is getting an eerie feeling of a similarity to the last wolf game here?
I generally assume someone trying the same thing done last game, with assumption that no one would try the same thing twice in a row, is a strategy. So I guess I'm assuming kills/deaths are being stacked for one big pop.

I could just be on my normal "Vash is smart and could do this" mentality, too...

I feel it would make more sense to kill Jawneh to try to uncover the truth in that Jawneh -> Smacktard read. If he's the VR junkie then it clears Kelly, but if Kelly is city Jawneh could still have set him up and not really be VR junkie.

Voting for @Jawneh

Smacktard

Connoisseur of fine video games
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Okay so I think I've figured out who the final baddies are -- unless someone isn't telling the truth. And I think I know the easiest way to figure that out.
You shouldn't, although this would give me a chance to use my power, if you'd like me to confuse you and take your vote away.

Cause you know... :spidey:spidey2
Tbh this would prove you to me. You can even take my vote. That would mean fewer places for the evils to hide.
@Smacktard you also stating Jawneh gave you an Occulus Orgasm last night?
I don't kiss and tell :angel

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I generally assume someone trying the same thing done last game, with assumption that no one would try the same thing twice in a row, is a strategy. So I guess I'm assuming kills/deaths are being stacked for one big pop.

I could just be on my normal "Vash is smart and could do this" mentality, too...

I feel it would make more sense to kill Jawneh to try to uncover the truth in that Jawneh -> Smacktard read. If he's the VR junkie then it clears Kelly, but if Kelly is city Jawneh could still have set him up and not really be VR junkie.

Voting for @Jawneh
And also get dangerously close to the corpo or solo winning as you're lynching more city folk. Do remember, we've only killed 1 corpo out of 4 and the solo could be setting up a multikill.

Regardless of that, as amused I am about the situation being a near carbon copy of the last game, we barely ended up winning that after checking up our first shadows. I barely got the last three folks on board, luck or otherwise, to not get lynched. If I was on the corpo team I def wouldn't be trying the same thing that barely worked.

I understand why you'd be sus of me as you saw me scheming last game, but also that was then, now is now. And if you're killing me now on the premesis that both Kelly and I are corpo and Vash is being accused of being solo, that's kind of weak.

Although, accusing me with that knowledge and me being a loose cannon with my playstyle at the best of times also makes sense from a corpo stand point. It's easy to point a finger at me. And considering you failed to double kill me from my list last night makes it easier to try to get me lynched. Otherwise I'd either uncover another cityperson or die uncovering one of you or the solo.

I'll vote Ben myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom