• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Mr. McMahon

I got through the entire thing pretty much the day it came out. I actually recently read a book called Ringmaster, which chronicles many of the same events covered in the documentary.

While I'm sure much of the documentary was repetitive, and I knew most of what was covered, I still found it interesting to listen to. I don't think we'll ever get the truth about a lot of things. Too many wrestlers died too young, and too many people would probably also be implicated. Too many other people still have ties to WWE and have too much to lose for a true tell-all. Ironically, this whole thing was largely useful because it was intended to put WWE in a reasonably positive light before the latest scandal broke.

I’m really enjoying it. I know that some people will say it’s stuff they always knew about but it’s just nostalgia. What’s the Netflix deal with WWE? Will they have the whole back catalogue and DVD collection?
In the US, Raw is the only show going to Netflix. I don't believe they are getting the back catalogue, which remains on Peacock.

Internationally, all 3 main shows are going to Netflix in nearly every country. I have not seen any official confirmation that the back catalogue is moving too, but in Canada, we recently lost access to the parts of the back catalogue we had via Sportsnet+. We still technically have the WWE Network, but it's totally broken here. My assumption is we are going to get all of the back catalogue but YMMV depending on the country.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
After stumbling on this thread and subsequently seeing this as the first thing on Netflix, I started watching it.

And binged the whole thing. It is almost 4am, I am dumb. More than because I'm posting here instead of going to sleep...

I never really got into wrestling, not the way some of my friends were. They had action figures, wanted to wrestle in the yard, everything. It was their identity, basically, which was a bit odd considering I was in England and the whole Americana stuff didn't fit.

Good show though even as a non-super-fan. I'm real curious what's going to come off all the charges against him.

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
In the US, Raw is the only show going to Netflix. I don't believe they are getting the back catalogue, which remains on Peacock.

Internationally, all 3 main shows are going to Netflix in nearly every country. I have not seen any official confirmation that the back catalogue is moving too, but in Canada, we recently lost access to the parts of the back catalogue we had via Sportsnet+. We still technically have the WWE Network, but it's totally broken here. My assumption is we are going to get all of the back catalogue but YMMV depending on the country.
I think WWE Network is gone here Jan 1. We are with Telus and they've confirmed they are removing it from their services.

I wonder what this means for Sportsnet though. WWE was a pretty decent block of their programming.

I think WWE Network is gone here Jan 1. We are with Telus and they've confirmed they are removing it from their services.
I'm glad to hear this. If WWE Network disappears, it means Netflix must be getting the back catalogue, or else there's no way to watch it in Canada.

I wonder what this means for Sportsnet though. WWE was a pretty decent block of their programming.
I've spoken with Sportsnet's support team a few times in the last couple of weeks because there have been all sorts of technical errors. They confirmed that they lose the rights to everything at the end of December. They either have already lost the rights to the back catalogue or they don't want to support it for the next 3 months (not sure what support it needs though; everything they had worked for me for the last year). They also said that you can no longer replay recent Raw/Smackdown/NXT/PLEs, so if you don't catch them live, you don't have another option (I've found there to be a bit of leeway within the week, but they certainly don't have multiple years worth of these shows anymore).

The crazy part is that, at the same time the PLEs disappeared, there started to be random technical issues that would kick me out of the app 2-3 times during a show, and there were 2 NXTs in a row where they would repeat all of the commercials, meaning that we would get the normal 3 minutes of commercials, and then we'd see the exact same commercials for another 3 minutes and miss whatever was happening. That seemed to correct itself this week, but it seems pretty wild how everything was working perfectly until mid-September, and then they just stopped caring.

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
I'm glad to hear this. If WWE Network disappears, it means Netflix must be getting the back catalogue, or else there's no way to watch it in Canada.

I've spoken with Sportsnet's support team a few times in the last couple of weeks because there have been all sorts of technical errors. They confirmed that they lose the rights to everything at the end of December. They either have already lost the rights to the back catalogue or they don't want to support it for the next 3 months (not sure what support it needs though; everything they had worked for me for the last year). They also said that you can no longer replay recent Raw/Smackdown/NXT/PLEs, so if you don't catch them live, you don't have another option (I've found there to be a bit of leeway within the week, but they certainly don't have multiple years worth of these shows anymore).

The crazy part is that, at the same time the PLEs disappeared, there started to be random technical issues that would kick me out of the app 2-3 times during a show, and there were 2 NXTs in a row where they would repeat all of the commercials, meaning that we would get the normal 3 minutes of commercials, and then we'd see the exact same commercials for another 3 minutes and miss whatever was happening. That seemed to correct itself this week, but it seems pretty wild how everything was working perfectly until mid-September, and then they just stopped caring.
So sounds like Rogers got unceremoniously dumped and I wouldn't put it past them to be spitefully shitifying the product on its way out.

Well, I guess that's it for me watching anything WWE, because I won't be subscribing to Netflix. I have beef with them.
Talk Like A Pirate Day GIF

Back
Top Bottom