• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

TV Shows House of the Dragon

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I’ll be honest… I didn’t watch GoT until years after it ended. I had no interest in the new series.

I’m watching it anyway, because she wants to. We haven’t gotten to the second season yet. It has been a while since we watched the first season, so, naturally… she forgot stuff and required a refresher.

Yay.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Rather disappointing season. I still enjoyed it, and I dont mind a slow pace, but you can tell there needs to be a couple more episode. Something cool happens soon after in the book, it would have made a much better ending to the season

That’s an understatement. It almost felt deliberately drawn out, there were plenty of scenes in the last few episodes that reeked of filler from the start of them. I don’t know what the game plan was at the start of filming, and you’d think they’d know far better than you or I with the years of experience in cinema they have over us… but it just seemed as if they weren’t sure what they were doing with the pacing. Maybe it’s because I haven’t read the books, maybe it’s because I watched the first series in its entirety years after the final episode aired, but it just doesn’t seem like they have a clue with how fast or slow they want to tell the story.

That’s an understatement. It almost felt deliberately drawn out, there were plenty of scenes in the last few episodes that reeked of filler from the start of them. I don’t know what the game plan was at the start of filming, and you’d think they’d know far better than you or I with the years of experience in cinema they have over us… but it just seemed as if they weren’t sure what they were doing with the pacing. Maybe it’s because I haven’t read the books, maybe it’s because I watched the first series in its entirety years after the final episode aired, but it just doesn’t seem like they have a clue with how fast or slow they want to tell the story.

Sounds like they were ready but got big budget cuts (fucking Discovery take over)

Back
Top Bottom