• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Microsoft Halo

SegaDragon

Custom title enjoyer
GW Elder
I only ever played Halo 1 as a kid. I bought the Halo collection a long time ago, but never played it because I couldn't get multiplayer to work. Someone in the party would also have latency problems. So I am trying to pick it back up and learn the story. Don't spoil it.

I know it was a really popular series back in the day. Anyone played through more than 1 and nerd out about the story?

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Guilty! Played 1, 2, 3, ODST, Reach, Halo Wars and Halo 4: Guardians to their totality. Love the lore from the games and the books, only read a few of the books, though, but the lore is fantastic. Keep pressing, it's worth getting into :)

Last edited:

SegaDragon

Custom title enjoyer
GW Elder
The cutscenes they added as easter eggs to the first game are super confusing. Target audience was definitely people who played the other games. Major GLaDOS vibes, but I've only found two of the cutscenes so far. They're so detached from the story that I'm not positive I'll even be able to remember any of it by the time it would make sense.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
The cutscenes they added as easter eggs to the first game are super confusing. Target audience was definitely people who played the other games. Major GLaDOS vibes, but I've only found two of the cutscenes so far. They're so detached from the story that I'm not positive I'll even be able to remember any of it by the time it would make sense.
It's been a while since I played the first one, even in the MCC, but I think a lot of it makes reference to the Fall or Reach, IIRC. You can actually grab the paperback book and read all about it pretty cheap to get up to date on the lore. It is a bit disheartening when they do things like that, though, so I do understand being put off by it.

I only ever played Halo 1 as a kid. I bought the Halo collection a long time ago, but never played it because I couldn't get multiplayer to work. Someone in the party would also have latency problems. So I am trying to pick it back up and learn the story. Don't spoil it.

I know it was a really popular series back in the day. Anyone played through more than 1 and nerd out about the story?

I always really liked the story, though it got a little bonkers towards the end. Halo 1-3, ODST and Reach are all great shooters with enjoyable stories

Back
Top Bottom