• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE

Resolved GW Elder symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me a week to realise that what I saw as a weird little "A" on the GW Elder tag was an old person walker. I like the humour, but can we have a better symbol? Either a more obvious walker, crutch or walking stick, or something else, like how about the sunglasses from the classic GW icon.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I'll look into this, hopefully we can find something suitable. I quite like the walker, but that's the only option in FontAwesome v5 that is offered, there are crutches, so maybe that would work.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I didn’t want to go with crutches or a wheelchair and give the impression that we were mocking the disabled, but the walker seems innocent enough and is instantly associated with old people.
Thats actually why I don't like the walker  personally. I have my own hang-ups and fears about having mobility issues in the somewhat near future because of my own personal situation.

I get that its fun and I really don't take ANY offense to it whatsoever. Is there some sort of toggle that could make it Opt-In/Opt-Out on your profile settings?

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Thats actually why I don't like the walker  personally. I have my own hang-ups and fears about having mobility issues in the somewhat near future because of my own personal situation.

I get that its fun and I really don't take ANY offense to it whatsoever. Is there some sort of toggle that could make it Opt-In/Opt-Out on your profile settings?

That I’m not entirely sure about. I know there’s an option for people to manage their badges that show, but I’m not sure about the banners since that’s associated with the user group. I’ll look through it some more when I get a little bit more time.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Please don't do that on my account, I'll just cope :link
I'm honestly not a fan of leaving it if it's going to cause any sort of discomfort or distress. I'm a little sensitive to issues like this, for obvious reasons, so it's not sitting well with me. Sorry, not turning this into a big ordeal, I just can't leave this one alone, lol.

Of course, I just can’t brain a substitution for it right now and wanted to address his question specifically.
Would it be too nerdy to suggest the Old Republic logo? lol. That or a rotary phone.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I'm honestly not a fan of leaving it if it's going to cause any sort of discomfort or distress. I'm a little sensitive to issues like this, for obvious reasons, so it's not sitting well with me. Sorry, not turning this into a big ordeal, I just can't leave this one alone, lol.

Would it be too nerdy to suggest the Old Republic logo? lol. That or a rotary phone.

I was just coming back here to suggest dentures… or a rocking chair… or an old Sherlock pipe.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Um actually I have a thing about gradients...

Jk I think it looks fantastic. The bold is much cleaner too.
Ultimate Warrior Wrestling GIF by WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom