• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

TGVGD Great Video Game Draft (Genesis Sign-Ups)

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
We're coming close to the end of the SNES Round of the Great Video Game Draft so that means it's time to start getting ready for round 3: the Sega Genesis!

I don't believe there were as many people chomping at the bit to get into this one so my first instinct is to drop back to 8 competitors...but I'll expand if I'm wrong with this estimation.

I think we'll stick with the snake draft moving forward, I like how that felt.

@Tommy Boy you asked to be tagged for any of these going forward, so here you go.

As always I'm going to prioritize sign-ups for those who did not compete in the previous round, so you can go ahead and apply now and after about 48 hours I'll plug you into the game assuming we haven't gotten a crazy influx of new/returning players.

My plan for the upcoming drafts is as follows:

Genesis
PlayStation
N64
PS2
Gamecube
XBox 360
Wii
PS3

If there's an outcry for systems not listed, we can talk about adding them.

Players
1. shortkut
2. VashTheStampede
3. Fool's Requiem
4. Cole
5. Crystal
6. Rick52
7. Jon

Last edited:

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I'll skip because I don't want to miss out on PlayStation.

If you need backfill or something to get 8, I can jump in if it won't affect my PS priority - but if it will regardless I'll stay out.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
gonna skip out on this one and the ps ones but will be there in full force for n64 and gcn

also the list seems pretty bereft of handhelds at the moment. we GOTTA do gb/gbc and gba rounds
I mentioned it briefly when I was starting this whole thing but we'll hit handhelds after consoles.

It will be The Good Video Game Draft.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
But why no xbox?

Why u ignore me Vash.

Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Vash

if you'd be so kind. I definitely wanna be in for the next like 4 games, but I wont at all be in the Xbox, Wii, or GameCube ones.

my priorities would be N64 and PS2

can I request that you do with that whatever you will by waitlisting me or adding me as appropriate?

I got a couple of questions that should warrant clarification before the draft starts:

a) are Sega CD / 32x games eligible? they're add-ons and need the Genesis as a base but aren't technically Genesis games, there are also a few games that have both Genesis and CD versions so if CD games are allowed, would it be allowed for one person to pick the CD version of a game and another person to pick the Genesis version instead

b) in a hypothetical scenario where there's this game (lets call it "Blue & Red") that can connect with previous games in its series (eg "Blue", "Blue 2", "Blue 3"), creating either larger versions of earlier games (ie "Blue 3 & Red") or variants of earlier games (ie "Red in Blue 2"), are "Blue 3 & Red" or "Red in Blue 2" eligible to be picked or are we limited to picking the original parts? (ie only "Blue 2", "Blue 3", "Blue & Red")

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
We've got room for one more.

If two jump in I'll step aside.
Since you want to participate - as your secretary, I'll offer to make the first post and keep it updated if you'd like to give you a break.

I'd still ask you do the final poll and make the decisions on what is allowed.

Feel free to pass on the offer - no pressure, just wanted to put it out there.

and maybe bribe you for an XBox draft.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I got a couple of questions that should warrant clarification before the draft starts:

a) are Sega CD / 32x games eligible? they're add-ons and need the Genesis as a base but aren't technically Genesis games, there are also a few games that have both Genesis and CD versions so if CD games are allowed, would it be allowed for one person to pick the CD version of a game and another person to pick the Genesis version instead
We'll keep it to just Genesis proper. My ridiculous logic is based on the fact that they didn't include CD games on the Mini Genesis until the second installment.

b) in a hypothetical scenario where there's this game (lets call it "Blue & Red") that can connect with previous games in its series (eg "Blue", "Blue 2", "Blue 3"), creating either larger versions of earlier games (ie "Blue 3 & Red") or variants of earlier games (ie "Red in Blue 2"), are "Blue 3 & Red" or "Red in Blue 2" eligible to be picked or are we limited to picking the original parts? (ie only "Blue 2", "Blue 3", "Blue & Red")

And the could you theoretically connect Blue 3 and Red to some sort of "Game Djinni" and create a massive tower of game sticking out of your console that your mother would trip over as she foolishly tried to cross between you and the TV?

Hypothetically?

Each of those games will be their own single entry with no combinations, as they existed in a retail environment. Sonic 2 & Knuckles was the shit though.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Since you want to participate - as your secretary, I'll offer to make the first post and keep it updated if you'd like to give you a break.
Honestly I think I'll take you up on that.
I'd still ask you do the final poll and make the decisions on what is allowed.
Makes perfect sense.
Feel free to pass on the offer - no pressure, just wanted to put it out there.
I appreciate it, very cool of you.
and maybe bribe you for an XBox draft.
đź‘€

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
The PC Draft would be so overwhelming. Would it literally just be all PC games ever?

I don't even know how many 1000s of games that would be.

Well there go my top 2.

Fine. Hover it is. Although I may be the only one who remembers that shit.
Don’t make me start busting out “Treasure Mathstorm” and “Gizmos and Gadget”

Maybe I’ll even choose Oregon trail 2 and try to corner the market on trails to Oregon

• Haha
Reactions: TD

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
The only drafts I care about participating in after SNES are GameCube, Wii, maybe N64 and PS3. Draft of all games of all time would be great though, but I know right now mine would just be the Nintendo variety list.

Excited to see everyone's choices for the Genesis draft though.
I'll add you to my notes

Back
Top Bottom