• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Approved Forum Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
With the “General Discussion” category growing as more forums are added, I’m beginning to think that it might be time for some organization.

So, I’m proposing a “GW Classics” category, with that name being a placeholder because it sucks. That can hold all of our “old” forums like TVB, the dome, C&C, etc., and sit above the “General Discussion” forums… which will house the chat forum, and all of the other topic-specific ones like the “Rank Stuff” forum, politics, CE, etc. I know it seems kinda counterintuitive to put CE outside of the “classics” category, but I personally think it would fit better under the other one.

Obviously, this is all up for discussion and doesn’t even necessarily have to be done, but I’m inclined to think that the general discussion category should be broken down a little so it’s not just one long category.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
We finally gonna add back that WWE No Mercy forum? :link

We’re lucky if we get 5 threads with activity per day in the generalized forum we have now. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that we might not even be able to get 5 threads with activity in a No Mercy forum in 6 months.

We’re lucky if we get 5 threads with activity per day in the generalized forum we have now. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that we might not even be able to get 5 threads with activity in a No Mercy forum in 6 months.
Joking Just Kidding GIF

You should have taken it as a challenge… and then a 20+ year old game could be one of the most frequented game forums here, which would confuse the shit outta people.
I mean... I haven't played the game in 20+ years. I don't remember it much at all.

I will take the unmodded sports forum though. :link

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I mean... I haven't played the game in 20+ years. I don't remember it much at all.

I will take the unmodded sports forum though. :link

We should be gearing up for another NFL pool here soon… so you might regret that, but at least the heavy lifting of setting up the teams and stuff is done. This time around, we’d just need to post the schedule.

• Agree
Reactions: Jon

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Everything makes sense where it is to me. Only one I would even think is moving the Remembrance thread to the GW Classics, but that's not even a big deal.

I thought about that, too, as the lead forum in that category… I just didn’t think anyone else would get it. It’s not like it needs prominent placement at the top of the list like the other community forums, because it’s only accessible to verified “elders” and staff… who are all elders anyway.

• Respect
Reactions: Jon

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
no wonder why we can't get 5 active threads in the generalized forum people out here just looking at the new posts section (I'm joking btw)

That’s also part of the reason for putting mods on forums, so they can help prevent forums from stagnating. Take what @Jon is doing with Sports already for example… it has been a sporadically active forum throughout, but having someone in there to initiate new threads and cycle out old stuck threads will make a difference in terms of how people perceive that forum when they enter it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom