• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Music Favorite Singers

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
Johnny Gioeli, I suspect no one will know his name so I preemptively provided a Wikipedia link!

He's definitely most known as the vocalist for the main themes of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2. But, he's a been a "proper" performer before and after that as well. Honestly seems to be phoning it in a lot recently (or maybe something happened with his vocal chords, IDK), but when it clicks - it clicks. And boy howdy does a lot of the older stuff through Hardline and Axel Rudi Pell click.

Johnny Gioeli, I suspect no one will know his name so I preemptively provided a Wikipedia link!

He's definitely most known as the vocalist for the main themes of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2. But, he's a been a "proper" performer before and after that as well. Honestly seems to be phoning it in a lot recently (or maybe something happened with his vocal chords, IDK), but when it clicks - it clicks. And boy howdy does a lot of the older stuff through Hardline and Axel Rudi Pell click.
I had no idea he did anything other than Axel Rudi Pell! I've got a bunch of their albums with him singing and he's killer. Very cool to hear he does some gaming stuff too.

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
I had no idea he did anything other than Axel Rudi Pell! I've got a bunch of their albums with him singing and he's killer. Very cool to hear he does some gaming stuff too.
See, this is why you good people Spiner. lol

Hardline's first two albums are absolute gold, though. They don't hit as hard as ARP, but, Hair/Glam Metal Johnny is great too.

kid_a

GW Elder
This is such a good question, and so very hard! Theo Katzman comes to mind, but I'm sure there are tons more. Hmmm....

I saw Hardline last year. Phenomenal show. I got into his other stuff through Crush 40.

In no particular order:

Tobias Sammet (Edguy/Avantasia) - His range, passion, and vocal delivery are top notch. He's also one of my favorite songwriters.
Hansi Kursch (Blind Guardian) - Such a great variety in what he can do, from clean to gravely to harmonizing choirs.
Michael Kiske (Helloween) - A power metal legend. Golden voice.
Kai Hansen (Helloween/Gamma Ray) - I especially like his 1995-2001 vocal era with Gamma Ray.
Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) - Power, passion, range, storytelling, classic.

I'll also give a shoutout to Jorn Lande when he's a guest vocalist with Avantasia. Tobias Sammet's writing + Jorn's vocals = *chef's kiss*

Back
Top Bottom