• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Event Suggestions

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
With the first anniversary of our opening in the rear view mirror, and no notable holidays on the horizon that could potentially translate to an event here, I am cleaning this forum out and opening up the line for answering the “what do we do next?” question.

Across the forums, on our Discord, and maybe even on the Facebook group there have been various suggestions to organize events for GW members in the past. Some have come to fruition… like the old CS days for some of you FPS players, the gift exchange, or even the singular chat night we hosted shortly after we launched this iteration of the community. Some have not… like the gaming club, which is currently disabled until we get around to figuring it out. There wasn’t an abundance of interest in it, so there really hasn’t been much of a sense of urgency to get something going.

I’d like to get some ideas together and see what we can come up with. We don’t really have a criteria beyond an “event” involving our “community”, because I am a simple creature, so barring illegal shit like storming Area 51 or borrowing a lectern from the Capitol… let’s see what we can come up with.

I’ll start by saying that I liked the chat night idea. In part, because it’s one of the few that actually had some success, and it was also fairly easy to facilitate.

I also really liked the idea of game nights utilizing multi-platform or online games. It would give more people an opportunity to participate, but narrowing down games to play seemed to be a problem when it came up last time.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I’ll start by saying that I liked the chat night idea. In part, because it’s one of the few that actually had some success, and it was also fairly easy to facilitate.

I also really liked the idea of game nights utilizing multi-platform or online games. It would give more people an opportunity to participate, but narrowing down games to play seemed to be a problem when it came up last time.
I wonder if there's a way to combine this with a fun social game...

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Wolf it is!
Scared Horror GIF by Pudgy Penguins

• Hugs
Reactions: Jon
Back
Top Bottom