• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Entrance Themes

Vash inspired me to make this thread when he mentioned Gothic's music. What were some of your favorite e-wrestlers' entrance themes or the most memorable ones?

I can remember so many for the wrestlers I wrote a lot of matches for, and several stick out still to this day, and it reminds me of the e-wrestler.

Dante Priest "Opiate" by Tool
Shockwave/Sean Walker "Jambi" by Tool or "Judith" by A Perfect Circle, but I might be getting mixed up
Malice/Andre Porter "What's Up? What's Happening?" by T.I. (I think)
Damon Black "All The Way Turnt Up" by Lupe Fiasco
Bruce Bishop "Collapse" by Motograter
Rohan Malhotra "The Third World" by Immortal Technique
Lance Van Leer "Animal I Have Become" by Three Days Grace
I think the Novaks used the Orgy cover of Blue Monday
Probably a dozen others I could go on to list

I'm hoping to get some nostalgia going with responses, so what are some others you remember?

Oh man, what was it... Cal Cannon, "I Hope You Die" by Bloodhound Gang.
Vash using Tool songs was what got me listening to them.

I actually can't remember what songs I used for Dimitri, was so long ago now. Stuff with long intros, I think, because I remember his entrance being long and drawn out, and definitely not a 'Taker rip-off in anyway whatsoever šŸ˜…

Ryan!

Mew is a fkn cat
GW Elder
Oh man, what was it... Cal Cannon, "I Hope You Die" by Bloodhound Gang.
Vash using Tool songs was what got me listening to them.

I actually can't remember what songs I used for Dimitri, was so long ago now. Stuff with long intros, I think, because I remember his entrance being long and drawn out, and definitely not a 'Taker rip-off in anyway whatsoever šŸ˜…
I thought it was a Vash character that used the Bloodhound Gang song

I used Cinderella Man by Eminem for Aaron Archknight and then his sister was Upside of Vanity by Aranda.
Nothing too memorable.

I came into the whole e-fed RP quite late in its life so I missed the halcyon days

Crystal okayed me posting old stuff on here, so I'll probably share old match results and the like at some point.

Zio The Abyss

GW Elder
Dante Priest "Opiate" by Tool
I forgot he even used this one. I had to re-listen to it after I read your post and one line into the song I'm like "Yeeeeeeep this is pretty much Dante" lol.

I think 187 used "Raining Blood" by Slayer? I very possibly got that wrong, but I seem to recall convict always trying to "convert" me to death/speed metal and I WANNA say that was 187's theme. Shawn Walsh (or was it Bronx, TD's OG char?) used "Soldier" by Eminem which I thought was pretty fitting for him.

Zio The Abyss

GW Elder
JoZ used some pretty mainstream stuff I think in the OG GWF days, I think he switched to Dream Theater which... is sort of like... alternative... orchaestral... something?

There was also this guy, whose name escapes me, who was pretty into death metal and such. I remember I debuted Dante Priest in the GWF with his character Malkavian (which wasn't his first, but the first escapes me too) as the group Church of Pain. He could also be the guy who had the Slayer song. Vash might remember his name, so let's pass the buck to him for remembering. :D

officialdoubleh

GW Elder
HH had way too many to remember them all over the course of that many years, but I distinctly remember a few being "Step Up" by Drowning Pool, "Hate Me Now" by Nas, and "Indestructible" by Disturbed.

fwiw when I got the chance to be the GM of our local indy fed from 2016-2017, I used "The Collapse" by Adelitas Way, and then my stable and I collectively used "This Light I Hold" by Memphis May Fire.

Last edited:

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
JoZ used some pretty mainstream stuff I think in the OG GWF days, I think he switched to Dream Theater which... is sort of like... alternative... orchaestral... something?
Dream Theater is prog metal and is amazing.

I went through so many different entrance themes because that was a big part of my promo routine, just immersing myself in one song that gave me the emotion I was looking to generate.

The ones I still associate with the character:

Shockwave - "Parabola" by Tool
Sean "Thunder" Walker - "Jambi" by Tool

David Walker/The Darkness - "I Didn't Say I Was Powerful, I Said I Was a Wizard" by Chiodos

Pretty sure Ryan is right and I used "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC for a very short time but that one felt too on the nose.

Also I remember Darkness started off with "Fly From the Inside" by Shinedown in his original Chikara Indy Spot Monkey persona.

Slick Rick

This thread is like being thrown headfirst into a pool of nu metal.

But Winnerā€™s Circle (Lance Van Leer, Komodo, Damon Black, Malice, Daniel Shine) using ā€œAmazingā€ by Kanye and Yung Jeezy was pretty clutch. Before Kanye got all Kanye-esque.

Last edited:

Zio The Abyss

GW Elder
Zio didn't like "Undefeated" by Def Leppard for Daniel Shine because of the pacing and not thinking it fit for an entrance theme, but I loved it and thought it fit the character perfectly.
I don't remember that (and honestly I'd have to re-listen to refresh my memory lol) but I'll take your word for it. I always thought there were a LOT of themes for e-fed wrestlers that while really cool, and may have lyrically fit extremely well, seemed like a bad fit for an entrance theme. I've done it myself a few times, though my tastes were kinda generic mainstream rock so I probably coincidentally landed on stuff that was more typical for wrestling themes.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I don't remember that (and honestly I'd have to re-listen to refresh my memory lol) but I'll take your word for it. I always thought there were a LOT of themes for e-fed wrestlers that while really cool, and may have lyrically fit extremely well, seemed like a bad fit for an entrance theme. I've done it myself a few times, though my tastes were kinda generic mainstream rock so I probably coincidentally landed on stuff that was more typical for wrestling themes.
I was never much of an e-fedder, particularly on the GW side of things, I just didn't have the talent, lol, but I agree this is one area a lot of characters really needed help with. Entrance music should set the tone, not just lyrically, but musically. The few e-feds I did participate in I had my one favourite entrance song for my one favourite character, lol, and it was "Black 7" by SOiL, such a great song for an entrance. Nowadays if I did one it'd probably be Still Counting by Volbeat, lol

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Volbeat has a lot of tracks that would be good entrance themes. Sad I didn't discover them until after my e-fedding days.
Yeah, they've got that arena feel to their music, it works well!

I don't know why, because they really don't sound alike, but Shotgun Blues always reminds me of these guys:

(have to get one of our Finns to confirm, I want to say it's Savo dialect, but I'm blanking atm, but the feel of the song, for whatever reason hits me the same as Shotgun Blues, and I don't know why, lol, must just be me being insane)

Ryan!

Mew is a fkn cat
GW Elder
I remember one of my guys used "Tear Away" by Drowning Pool for a while, but further inspection showed it didn't really fit. Then Dean suggested "I Came to Party" by Deuce and it fit perfectly.

Most of my characters went through a ton of themes just depending on mood. For the longest time in another fed I was in I was using "All That's Left" by Thrice mostly because I just liked the song, but finally switched it to "Armed With a Mind" by Have Heart as it just fit the gimmick better.

Back
Top Bottom