• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Elon Musk commiting Election Fraud?

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder

The website says it will help the viewer register to vote. But once a user clicks “Register to Vote,” the experience he or she will have can be very different, depending on where they live.

If a user lives in a state that is not considered competitive in the presidential election, like California or Wyoming for example, they’ll be prompted to enter their email addresses and ZIP code and then directed quickly to a voter registration page for their state, or back to the original sign-up section.

But for users who enter a ZIP code that indicates they live in a battleground state, like Pennsylvania or Georgia, the process is very different.

Rather than be directed to their state’s voter registration page, they instead are directed to a highly detailed personal information form, prompted to enter their address, cellphone number and age.

If they agree to submit all that, the system still does not steer them to a voter registration page. Instead, it shows them a “thank you” page.

So that person who wanted help registering to vote? In the end, they got no help at all registering. But they did hand over priceless personal data to a political operation.

I'm not a guy who knows all them laws but this does not feel legal to me.

Gloom-is-good

2.5 raccoons in a trench coat
GW Elder
Well luckily for you all, I just passed the test to become a volunteer deputy registrar and can tell you with good confidence that there is no way to register online at all. And Musk himself, with all his data mining still would not be able to register anyone to vote unless he
1) becomes a registrar in his county (and all related counties because he can't register applicants that live in other counties)
2) he would have to forge soooo many signatures (or he could claim to be their spouse/parent/child)
3) return those completed/signed applicants to their respective states

I don't think he and his team are motivated to that extent. It's a lot of steps and most (if not all) the states have their different forms and rules on how to register voters.

Well luckily for you all, I just passed the test to become a volunteer deputy registrar and can tell you with good confidence that there is no way to register online at all. And Musk himself, with all his data mining still would not be able to register anyone to vote unless he
1) becomes a registrar in his county (and all related counties because he can't register applicants that live in other counties)
2) he would have to forge soooo many signatures (or he could claim to be their spouse/parent/child)
3) return those completed/signed applicants to their respective states

I don't think he and his team are motivated to that extent. It's a lot of steps and most (if not all) the states have their different forms and rules on how to register voters.
He supports Trump.

Trump tried to have his VP assassinated.

I don't put anything past him anymore.

:link

EDIT - Congrats, btw, @Gloom-is-good!

Gloom-is-good

GW Elder
You got a point there @Jon . Thanks for keeping me grounded. Sometimes I just get too optimistic about things lol

Also thank you! It was... harder than I thought it was going to be. I expected to show up to the Zoom, fill out a few forms but there was a whole video training and test right after. Woof, I was really flying by the seat of my pants.

• Haha
Reactions: Jon

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I 'm guessing they're gathering data so they can convince those people to vote for Trump or at least against Harris. Somebody looking to register to vote likely wasn't registered previously, which means he has the info of a whole bunch of people who didn't vote in the last election. Especially if the users tried to register right after Harris running was announced, they're likely people who didn't and wouldn't vote for Biden, but want to vote for Harris. If nothing else, it's good to know those demographics so you can tailor attack ads.

Gloom-is-good

GW Elder
I'm pretty sure that last time I moved when I changed my address online the post office asked if I wanted to update my voter registration as part of it.
The couple of times I tried to register online through various forms, it ends up being "oh you're from Texas, you gotta print this form" or "we'll mail you this exact form that you just completed and you have to mail it in yourself."

I almost didn't vote for Obama back in the day because of it. I was like "wow such hassle" (l did register later just because I happened to be volunteering at some political thing and they had registrar's there so I didn't have to mail in my own)

I mostly looked this up as I have a friend from New Hampshire who told me a few months ago (when discussing our own election) that people in NH can't vote online. I found it pretty interesting for a somewhat liberal area.

I looked at Texas and the state does allow limited online voter registration thanks to a court order but you can only do it when renewing a driver's license or other form of state ID.

I mostly looked this up as I have a friend from New Hampshire who told me a few months ago (when discussing our own election) that people in NH can't vote online. I found it pretty interesting for a somewhat liberal area.

I looked at Texas and the state does allow limited online voter registration thanks to a court order but you can only do it when renewing a driver's license or other form of state ID.
New Hampshire isn't as liberal as you think. It's a blue leaning purple state. The South of the Northeast

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
A whole bunch of libertarians moved there to try and make it a libertarian utopia. Small enough of a state that they were able to make an impact

That’s fascinating… I didn’t think there were more than a couple dozen people in the whole state, and yet they have movements like that going on up there. I’ve always wondered what really goes on in those little states like that, because I can’t help but imagine that even the most mundane things are contentious with such a small population and footprint.

That’s fascinating… I didn’t think there were more than a couple dozen people in the whole state, and yet they have movements like that going on up there. I’ve always wondered what really goes on in those little states like that, because I can’t help but imagine that even the most mundane things are contentious with such a small population and footprint.
It's definitely a small population state, but big enough that they get more than one state rep. A portion of it is essentially a suburb of Boston, but a little further than that and you got the libertarians.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
It's definitely a small population state, but big enough that they get more than one state rep. A portion of it is essentially a suburb of Boston, but a little further than that and you got the libertarians.

I guess they’re to Boston what Connecticut is to NYC, huh? I was always curious about how the breakdown of commuters worked in those states, because my brief stint hunting cars in NYC had me reaching over to Newark in NJ and Stamford in CT to hit home addresses while the POE’s were in the city.

I guess they’re to Boston what Connecticut is to NYC, huh? I was always curious about how the breakdown of commuters worked in those states, because my brief stint hunting cars in NYC had me reaching over to Newark in NJ and Stamford in CT to hit home addresses while the POE’s were in the city.
Boston has a lot of commuters from both RI and NH (and a bit from South ME as well). So that would be like both CT and NJ to NYC yeah.

Reactions: Jon
Back
Top Bottom