• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Movies Dune part two

aiat_gamer

GW Elder
Anyone excited about this? I am a huge fan of the books, but the first movie sort of disappointed me. Some changes from the book were not so great, and having big name actors for short parts was kind of distracting. Honestly I expected it to be much better.

poj

Dare Mighty Things
GW Elder
I loved the books, up until the point it started getting silly and then I kind of gave up.

The original movie was awful and I was stoked for the remake but yes, it kind of left me flat. I think if I'd re read the books first it might have made the experience different but that wasn't going to happen.

I will most certainly be watching the second film but think I will struggle to find anyone to go with me! 😁

Anyone excited about this? I am a huge fan of the books, but the first movie sort of disappointed me. Some changes from the book were not so great, and having big name actors for short parts was kind of distracting. Honestly I expected it to be much better.

Love the books and really liked the first part, can't wait
I loved the books, up until the point it started getting silly and then I kind of gave up.

The original movie was awful and I was stoked for the remake but yes, it kind of left me flat. I think if I'd re read the books first it might have made the experience different but that wasn't going to happen.

I will most certainly be watching the second film but think I will struggle to find anyone to go with me! 😁

When did you give up? I read all of the Frank Herbert books and enjoyed them. It does get weird, but it made it feel very alien and I liked it

The original movie was awful, but it is so bad it has some charm.

aiat_gamer

GW Elder
Overall I was VERY happy with the first part, but the last time I read the first book I was probably a moderator at old GW.

Can't wait for part 2, and hoping beyond hope we get Dune Messiah as Villenueve has said he wants to do it.
I don't know though, the third book barely has any action in it so how can they make it exciting for the average joe.

ZandraJoi

I watched the original Dune back in the day. Graphics were something to be desired that's for sure! My husband & I did watch the new one & it caught our attention, however, it wasn't as good as we thought it would be.
I'm not sure we'll go for Part 2. Did they answer some of the questions that seemed to be hanging in Part 1?

aiat_gamer

GW Elder
I watched the original Dune back in the day. Graphics were something to be desired that's for sure! My husband & I did watch the new one & it caught our attention, however, it wasn't as good as we thought it would be.
I'm not sure we'll go for Part 2. Did they answer some of the questions that seemed to be hanging in Part 1?
Such as?

I have not read the books, but I enjoyed the 2020 remake. I'm anxiously awaiting the second one. I'm even more excited that Florence Pugh is going to be playing a role in this one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom