• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

U.S.A. DNC Special Guest Speculation Thread

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Word on the street is that there's a scheduled gap in tonight's DNC schedule for a special guest and very few people know who it is.

Is it Taylor?

Is it Beyonce?

Is it Dubya?

Is it a confused Biden going for a second lap???

Word on the street is that there's a scheduled gap in tonight's DNC schedule for a special guest and very few people know who it is.

Is it Taylor?

Is it Beyonce?

Is it Dubya?

Is it a confused Biden going for a second lap???
I think the rumors of it being Swift is too much of a smokescreen. If there's gonna be a Taylor, it's more likely they bring back James for the missed night one song :link

Rachel

No Problem Here
GW Elder
Jon, what I am loving is how deep our bench is. The DNC is usually used as a launching point on a national level, the national awareness radar (as you know). I don't think we can lose. (I have a problem though, if we had a primary I have no clue how I would choose).

But that's a good problem, look at the other side. There are plenty of candidates too but not like this. They are grifters. Who comes after Trump?

I also love the youth. Millennials will finally become more senators in the coming years, and eventually president.

Edit: "Show some respect." - John McCain (quoted just now)

Last edited:
Jon, what I am loving is how deep our bench is.
This is another thing to be thankful to Biden for, in my opinion.

Without him stepping down, I don't think we get to see on THIS level the depth of the bench that exists. I sure as hell didn't. I really didn't know much about Walz or Whitmer or Pritzker before he stepped down.

I knew Newsom. I knew Kelly. I knew Buttigieg. I knew Corey Booker (he was actually the speaker at my Master's graduation; so I met and spoke to him personally and man, he's underrated too).

And this is only a handful of the names.

so who had "nobody" on their bingo card lmao
Honestly, that was the most logical option, but ngl, I'm a little sad there wasn't a "HOLY SHIT!" moment like that.

I believe it was better to hear from all the up and comers in the party more than some celebrity endorsement that ultimately doesn't mean anything.

Long way to say, I didn't but I'm fine with it lol

I'm watching Mark Kelly speak at the DNC right now, and my god.... he's reminding me why I wanted him to be VP. I've come full circle and love the Walz pick, but god Kelly is great. He is destined to be president one day I feel.
There's so many excellent candidates. Kelly, Whitmer... even Walz would probably be fantastic. The problem though is that Kamala will probably run for a second term. And if she wins, there will probably be a Rep president when the pendulum swings back the other way, denying these candidates yet another 4 years.

There's so many excellent candidates. Kelly, Whitmer... even Walz would probably be fantastic. The problem though is that Kamala will probably run for a second term. And if she wins, there will probably be a Rep president when the pendulum swings back the other way, denying these candidates yet another 4 years.
2036 LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!!

Rachel

No Problem Here
GW Elder
I think the Rs are strongest when we have an heir apparent. Then they use their messaging machinery for years. What happened with Hillary and Hunter. I do not see Walz as the main headline though I could be wrong. The last minute switch undid all of their prep work and congressional hearings. What I am liking right now is we have many viable options and it's not going to be a former president's child or spouse. Not at all to say we can't lose but we'll see.

Reactions: Jon
Back
Top Bottom