• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Dame Maggie Smith Passes Away, Aged 98

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I know this should be a current event, but given the Hurricane, this feels more Entertainment than Current Event, so I placed it here as to not distract.

Rest easy, Dame Maggie, you were one of the greats :(

Sad Happy Hour GIF

Bbc Reaction GIF by Line of Duty

A simply legendary actress is every way. Much like Ian McKellen seems determined to do, she was acting right up to the end of her life. It's obviously very sad that she's died (my wife is genuinely very upset about it), but she lived a full life and left an incredible legacy. She had a life that will be celebrated by many people for a very long time.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
For me it was her smaller roles. Like Richard Griffiths she had the larger than life roles in a certain film series, and Sister Act, but I adored watching her in The Lady in the Van, Ladies in Lavender and of course The Secret Garden! There'll never be another person like her!

Back
Top Bottom