• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Crystal Got Nostalgic

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Got too many hamsters running to keep things moving for that to happen, but give me a couple more months financially and we might see something similar! :p

(Kidding, GWF is a priority, it won't slip on my watch)

As much as @a dip goblin likes to run, we could always hook him up to a treadmill and see what happens.

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
For the month of April Fool's, every page refresh should have a 69% chance of working properly, and 31% chance of showing the illustrious server is busy message instead.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
For the month of April Fool's, every page refresh should have a 69% chance of working properly, and 31% chance of showing the illustrious server is busy message instead.

Technically, we could do that. There’s a feature that we have that allows us to make certain user groups have a bad time here, basically giving them blank pages or error messages or a combination of the two at a frequency we can dictate.

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Technically, we could do that. There’s a feature that we have that allows us to make certain user groups have a bad time here, basically giving them blank pages or error messages or a combination of the two at a frequency we can dictate.
Perfect. Just need to make a hidden user group that everyone gets added into for a fun time.

Then after April the numbers just get dropped way low, like 0.01% for the occasional confusion and giggle for the appropriate parties.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Perfect. Just need to make a hidden user group that everyone gets added into for a fun time.

Then after April the numbers just get dropped way low, like 0.01% for the occasional confusion and giggle for the appropriate parties.

Why hidden? We can just make the default user group everyone gets dumped into the group affected by it.

If we’re gonna fuck everybody’s day up, we’re fucking everybody’s day up.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Fixed the logo and added and dark bg variant. I don't think it fixes things for people who love a dark style, lol, but definitely gives you a dark bg while keeping all of the beige.

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Why hidden? We can just make the default user group everyone gets dumped into the group affected by it.

If we’re gonna fuck everybody’s day up, we’re fucking everybody’s day up.
Probably easier to manage all the weird stuff when it's all tied to one hidden user group?

If it's all on the default and something borks there's more spillage to clean after.

I may or may not have had to do something along those lines before. Ugh.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Probably easier to manage all the weird stuff when it's all tied to one hidden user group?

If it's all on the default and something borks there's more spillage to clean after.

I may or may not have had to do something along those lines before. Ugh.

Yeah, you’re not wrong, but, you’re also talking to the guy that didn’t give a shit if he messed up a quarter million accounts if it made for a good laugh.

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Yeah, you’re not wrong, but, you’re also talking to the guy that didn’t give a shit if he messed up a quarter million accounts if it made for a good laugh.
As long as you don't leave Crystal to fix the aftermath of any laughs.

Otherwise I'm game for any kind of chaos.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
As long as you don't leave Crystal to fix the aftermath of any laughs.

Otherwise I'm game for any kind of chaos.

My shenanigans were always vaguely temporary.

...you forget just how many accounts we had control of in those days...

Right? I remember back when the forums got 10-15k new posts a day. So much more manageable now.

a dip goblin

puppy haver
Sucks
10K Post Club
GW Elder
That’s where the error stemmed from. You running one direction, Alu running the other with shorter legs. Disaster at every turn.
Hamster GIF by TikTok

Back
Top Bottom