• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Chase Bank with a laughable offer

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Anyone got $500k I can borrow real quick?

lol, that is a really pathetic deal for the amounts they're suggesting, but I guess Chase "Private Client" is for those with means, so it makes a bit of sense. Still insanely low, but...

Anyone got $500k I can borrow real quick?

lol, that is a really pathetic deal for the amounts they're suggesting, but I guess Chase "Private Client" is for those with means, so it makes a bit of sense. Still insanely low, but...
But I imagine it is probably a hassle to close accounts and if you have a good relationship with wherever your money is at, doing all that for less than a 1% of the money just doesn't seem worth the hassle

It really depends on what the rates they're offering are. If they offer that on top of competitive rates or a good deal on trading with their JPMorgan partnership I can see how it would make sense. I don't know how hard it is to switch accounts in the US but in the UK it's honestly pretty trivial.

Ironically I've just opened a Chase account because here in the UK they have the best easy access interest rate.

It really depends on what the rates they're offering are. If they offer that on top of competitive rates or a good deal on trading with their JPMorgan partnership I can see how it would make sense. I don't know how hard it is to switch accounts in the US but in the UK it's honestly pretty trivial.

Ironically I've just opened a Chase account because here in the UK they have the best easy access interest rate.

Im sure it isnt hard per se, but sure it can be kind of annoying. If you got direct deposit, if you have auto bills tied to that account, etc. Im sure if you have that much cash you probably have found a place to get a good ROI. Ultimately if you have that amount the amount they are offering to me doesnt seem worth it, but that is me. Yes that amount they are offering would be useful to me, but I have no where near that amount in liquid assets to get that

Keep one checking account that is tied to bill paying and rotate accounts if you want to chase promos.

I took advantage of a couple years back and now just keep most of my money in online banks. 5% interest is no joke.

We do this too, but I doubt someone in that position with that kind of money isnt already getting a good ROI

What online bank are you using?

Back
Top Bottom