• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Milestone Been a year since I registered.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
I got the 365 days badge yesterday, but since it was a leap-year, it didn't actually line up with my registration date.

I know we just went through this with the year anniversary thread and a lot of you already passed this mark, but it really doesn't feel like it's been an entire year since then... Time truly does fly when you're teasing @Jon.

So I just wanted to personally appreciate that this place still exists, that y'all welcomed me back, and that @Crystal/@Mark/@Cole saw fit to put me back to work fucking things up in a democratic way. Balanced, as all things should be. I appreciate @VashTheStampede letting me hijack what was his brain-child for D&D, leading to a bunch of forum customization, and subsequently hijack his players to pull into my campaign. And of course all the aforementioned players who gave me some hobby to work on.

I look forward to dumping AI memes and crap on all of you for a long time. And remember, it's all @Tommy Boy's fault I'm here.

I know we just went through this with the year anniversary thread and a lot of you already passed this mark, but it really doesn't feel like it's been an entire year since then... Time truly does fly when you're teasing @Jon.
Sad Cartoon GIF

• Emotional Damage
Reactions: Ben

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
It has been awesome reconnecting with you. Having all of us working together on this place on our terms, paying homage to a place we all appreciate so much, and having the chance to in a way “right” our respective departures from the community in the past has truly been a privilege. It’s good to be able to reopen the book of GW again, see the same names from the earliest chapters, and know that whatever happened in the past is back there somewhere… and not at the end of the book. One of my favorite aspects about this place is that I’ve been able to reconnect with people that had unfavorable memories of my last interactions with them, make amends, and carry on. It’s certainly not something I take for granted when the list of people from the offline world that I grew up with back then grows shorter by the day because of the environment they live in, you grow to appreciate the people that knew you “back then” more.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
What's your average name change per day at this point?
For you, nowhere near as high as @Mark. Few are anywhere near as high as Mark.

Going based on days registered here, looks like Mark's at the top (as expected) with 0.1091 Alu changes per day he's been registered here. Then @Cole with 0.0625, me with 0.0383 per day, and finally @Crystal with 0.0310.

User_IDTotalDays RegisteredAverage

But if we took into account that they've got a decade or so more time under their belts, as I'm pretty sure you getting fucked with started after I left, the average might shake out differently.

I have no idea how to quantify the amount of name changes given to all users over forum tenure, though. At least I'm not trying to track yours on a spreadsheet like it was 2004.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

IMG_5677.jpeg

I have no idea how to quantify the amount of name changes given to all users over forum tenure, though. At least I'm not trying to track yours on a spreadsheet like it was 2004.

Fuck the other users. They’re irrelevant. Only one username change metric matters.

Going based on days registered here, looks like Mark's at the top (as expected) with 0.1091 Alu changes per day he's been registered here. Then @Cole with 0.0625, me with 0.0383 per day, and finally @Crystal with 0.0310.

User_IDTotalDays RegisteredAverage

But if we took into account that they've got a decade or so more time under their belts, as I'm pretty sure you getting fucked with started after I left, the average might shake out differently.

I had 50 name changes in the old days, with them mostly coming from @Lunar Kreskents at first and then @Cole later. So I think Mark might have the lead overall now with 42 of them here.

Reactions: Ben
Back
Top Bottom