• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

PC ATTENTION: Former iServer CS 1.6 Players. Enjoy.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
747002.jpg
assault001.jpg
assault013.jpg
assault021.jpg
assault023.jpg
assault025.jpg
assault026.jpg
assault027.jpg
awpcity001.jpg
boatseason001.jpg
cs_pacman0000.jpg
cs-20070629-010805.jpg
dust2005.jpg
dust2007.jpg
dust2028.jpg
pacman002.jpgdust20203.jpg
pimi_nade0002.jpg
sand006.jpg

and for a bonus, that time I made my window super small and tried to play on it.

omgsmall.jpg

AND YES, if anyone is curious, I will 100% download 1.6 and play if we can ever coordinate a game.

Edit: I have a lot more than this, but some of them are "only me" after everyone left the server, or its only 3 or 4 of us, or some th at arent from iServer at all.

But I thought this was a good selection. obviously a lot of them are "me" performing well, obviously I didn't screenshot the games I sucked in. 🤷

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
i gotta be honest i have no idea what it was for or who picked that format for our squad name, i just went along with it. it might have been a holdover from gunz? i forget which came first
I don't know either, as I joined the server very late. I think it was just a way to distinguish their names.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
It's a gamer clan thing. I used to be in a clan called Blue Turret. Our usernames all read bT* before them. There's still some people who keep the tag, a decade later.
I mean yes and no.

The gamer clan tag would be the [PIMI]. The `i(Name) was just an add on to give some more style.

similarly, I always had a ` at the end of my name (I still do to this day in CS and other games), the first group of people I ever played in leagues with (daft Frik and some of his UK friends), a few of us had a ` after us since we almost never "tagged up". I still carry it around.

Shadow.

☂☂☂☂☂☂
GW Elder
Damn so many of those names are nostalgic as hell and some I kinda forgot about like Benzine and Dalton.

Idk why we prefaced our names with "i" other than it was when iTunes and iPods were huge. I know we included the ` because it was the default button for the command prompt in CS so it made it harder for admins to kick us. I actually still use the `i format on Steam all these years later. I believe Tommy does too.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Damn so many of those names are nostalgic as hell and some I kinda forgot about like Benzine and Dalton.

Idk why we prefaced our names with "i" other than it was when iTunes and iPods were huge. I know we included the ` because it was the default button for the command prompt in CS so it made it harder for admins to kick us. I actually still use the `i format on Steam all these years later. I believe Tommy does too.
heh, I forgot about that. that is EXACTLY why it was done.

the grade accent is what is used to open the console, and for a long time in the early days, no one had addons to control server moderation, which means you headed to use rcon commands. those can only be done from the console.

so when you type coLe ` it would close the console and you can't do anything. there were ways around it, but a lot of newer admins didn't know how.

Rude.

Great times, great screenshots. I remember buying CS...S as a 13 year old cause you guys were all play CS, not realising that it was 1.6. Then, CAFM, bought it for me.

Miss the fun times, but don't miss that ping. After this I played CSS a huge amount, playing in leagues and getting to play against some of the best teams in Australasia.

Don't get to play as much as I did back then (obviously), but still get a bit of shooting in each week.

oh, and my email address is ibenzine@, as per the tag.

Oh wow Dalton/Frank, wow. Yep I'm still iTommy on Xbox/Microsoft, and was on Discord for a while until the username thing.

I actually can't believe how many of us played seeing those screenshots. My memory of a lot of this stuff is shot. I'm still friends with Payton on Steam, do you think he would join?
Dude I've been trying to figure out how to contact you for years. And here you randomly are lmfao. Who were you still connected to, people on Steam? I want to watch the Benzine Movie one more time before I die but I don't think it's likely. Anyway good to see you, holy shit.

Leandros?

GW Elder

Rofl I was reading the thread and couldn't remember but then realised it had to be this and you confirmed it

Raposuh

Flipwaist
GW Elder
I'm surprised i was in any tbh, I don't remember playing all that much. I'm surprised I even had a pc capable of running CS back in those days, I only had a proper set up after I moved from my parents in like.... '09? And even that only lasted a couple years.

I'm surprised i was in any tbh, I don't remember playing all that much. I'm surprised I even had a pc capable of running CS back in those days, I only had a proper set up after I moved from my parents in like.... '09? And even that only lasted a couple years.
To be fair, even the shittiest computers and weakest internet were able to handle 1.6. Shane used to play with dial up even towards the end when most of us had semi-decent internet. I used a laptop the entirely of my CS career back then. I can't imagine what it's going to be like playing on my real computer now lol.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
To be fair, even the shittiest computers and weakest internet were able to handle 1.6. Shane used to play with dial up even towards the end when most of us had semi-decent internet. I used a laptop the entirely of my CS career back then. I can't imagine what it's going to be like playing on my real computer now lol.
I played with dialup up until like 2008, and it wasn't until 2009 where I could get past 60fps in perfect conditions.

a friend of mine that was INSANELY good at CS, once I had a real pc and internet, he was like "man that must have been like training for a marathon with weights on your ankles". I had learned to be a decent player on 60 fps and 120 ping, once I was playing at locked 100 and 20 ping I realized how good I could be.

then I got old.

regardless, CS was great for being inclusive to any setup.

Raposuh

Flipwaist
GW Elder
I played with dialup up until like 2008, and it wasn't until 2009 where I could get past 60fps in perfect conditions.

a friend of mine that was INSANELY good at CS, once I had a real pc and internet, he was like "man that must have been like training for a marathon with weights on your ankles". I had learned to be a decent player on 60 fps and 120 ping, once I was playing at locked 100 and 20 ping I realized how good I could be.

then I got old.

regardless, CS was great for being inclusive to any setup.

Back
Top Bottom