• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Multi Assassin’s Creed Shadows

Lot of discussion on Twitter about this one and Yasuke being the protagonist. Personally, realism has been bent plenty of times in AC (in far larger ways) so the fact he wasn’t officially a samurai doesn’t bother me. Think I’d rather he was a side character just because I think there would be some very cool missions based around him and I prefer meeting the historical characters rather than playing as them but I’ve really enjoyed the recent AC games I’ve played (origins and odyssey) so will probably play this too.

I've actually just started Mirage. Not sure if I'll get Shadows straight away or wait. Whilst I still enjoy the games I did get a bit tired of Odyssey and in particular Valhalla, so I'll wait and see what this one is like.

Like you I'm not too bothered about the whole Yasuke thing, or maybe it's just that I'm tired of the whole culture wars at this point. Either way, I'm probably not going to play as him as much because I'm more into the stealth side. I'm hoping that the two protagonists of different styles will appease both people who want a more action game and people who want more stealth because trying to cater to both has sometimes led to an unsatisfactory middle ground.

I'm curious if this will be closer to Origins or Mirage.

I did not like Mirage. I liked the return to the beginning, but they flubbed the mechanics. And Basim is not a good character. That should have been a DLC like originally planned.

I am not bothered by Yasuke except for one thing: part of the allure of AC games to me is playing as someone who affects history, but isn't a PART of it. This is the first time you play a full game as an actual person in history. Or at least split it since I know there's the female lead too. I'm not a fan of playing as the historical figure.

But, I am excited for the game nonetheless. The AC/MTG crossover kicks off next week and I fully anticipate blowing a load on that.

I'm curious if this will be closer to Origins or Mirage.

I did not like Mirage. I liked the return to the beginning, but they flubbed the mechanics. And Basim is not a good character. That should have been a DLC like originally planned.

I am not bothered by Yasuke except for one thing: part of the allure of AC games to me is playing as someone who affects history, but isn't a PART of it. This is the first time you play a full game as an actual person in history. Or at least split it since I know there's the female lead too. I'm not a fan of playing as the historical figure.

But, I am excited for the game nonetheless. The AC/MTG crossover kicks off next week and I fully anticipate blowing a load on that.
I bought Mirage and was largely underwhelmed by the story, character, and how they botched the return to stealth-based gameplay. As curious I am about Shadows, the last few AC games have left me not as hyped about the series as I normally would be.

Plus, there's the fact I've already played Ghost of Tsushima last year. That one is going to be a hard one to top imo.

I bought Mirage and was largely underwhelmed by the story, character, and how they botched the return to stealth-based gameplay. As curious I am about Shadows, the last few AC games have left me not as hyped about the series as I normally would be.

Plus, there's the fact I've already played Ghost of Tsushima last year. That one is going to be a hard one to top imo.
Completely agree on everything here.

I was disappointed in Mirage, as I previously mentioned. It should have just been a DLC, but they wanted to see how a return to original system worked. But the character, the story, the gameplay... it all fell flat to me. I know they are trying to set up more of the present day storyline than anything, but since when has that really mattered in any game since 3?

Ghost of Tsushima was an underrated gem. I played five minutes of Rise of the Ronin and gave up wishing it was Ghosts. So I moved over to Stellar Blade instead.

The last AC game I truly adored was Origins. It was the one they gave 2-3 years of development to and finally broke the yearly release crap. Odyssey was ok, but that should never have been an option to play as Alexios. Especially since Kassandra is cannon. Valhalla was just... too long and I missed the stealth game play. It didn't feel like an AC game, which is made worse that Mirage stemmed from it.

So I'll hold out hope that this one will be ok, but we're months away from knowing.

Back
Top Bottom