• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE

Arcadian

Title: Arcadian

Tagline: Family is stronger than fear.

Genre: Science Fiction,Thriller,Horror

Director: Benjamin Brewer

Cast: Nicolas Cage,Jaeden Martell,Maxwell Jenkins,Sadie Soverall,Samantha Coughlan,Joel Gillman,Joe Dixon,Daire McMahon

Release: 2024-04-12

Runtime: 92

Plot: In the near future, on a decimated Earth, Paul and his twin sons face terror at night when ferocious creatures awaken. When Paul is nearly killed, the boys come up with a plan for survival, using everything their father taught them to keep him alive.

Where to watch

Trailer Cast Crew Videos

• Nicolas Cage

Paul
    • Jaeden Martell

Joseph
    • Maxwell Jenkins

Thomas
    • Sadie Soverall

Charlotte
    • Samantha Coughlan

Mrs. Rose
    • Joel Gillman

Hobson
    • Joe Dixon

Mr. Rose
    • Daire McMahon

Militant Farmer (uncredited)
    • Gwen Jeffares Hourie (Costume & Make-Up)

Costume Design
    • Valerie Nolan (Art)

Set Decoration
    • Torin Condren (Crew)

Stunt Double
    • Benjamin Brewer (Visual Effects)

Visual Effects
    • Jake Van Wagoner (Production)

Executive Producer
    • Donal O'Shea (Crew)

Stunt Double
    • Jenna Tresidder (Sound)

Sound Effects Editor
    • Arianne Fraser (Production)

Producer
    • Aoife Bailey (Crew)

Stunts
    • Yeray Morillas (Crew)

Stunts
    • Stephen Kirk (Directing)

Second Assistant Director
    • Slava Vladimirov (Production)

Executive Producer
    • Braxton Pope (Production)

Producer
    • Brendan Byrne (Visual Effects)

Special Effects Supervisor
    • Neely Eisenstein (Production)

Casting
    • Jared Underwood (Production)

Executive Producer
    • Josh Martin (Sound)

Original Music Composer
    • Enda Doherty (Directing)

First Assistant Director
    • Shane McEnroe (Art)

Production Design
    • Linda Gannon (Costume & Make-Up)

Hair Designer
    • Judy Craig (Visual Effects)

Visual Effects
    • Macdara Kelleher (Production)

Executive Producer
    • Andrew C. Robinson (Production)

Executive Producer
    • Michael Nilon (Production)

Producer
    • Jessica Grant (Crew)

Stunts
    • Nicolas Cage (Production)

Producer
    • Howard Jones (Camera)

Second Assistant Camera
    • Zak Stoltz (Visual Effects)

Visual Effects Supervisor
    • Simon Culliton (Camera)

First Assistant Camera
    • Nenazoma McNamee (Art)

Art Direction
    • Official Trailer

• Trailer
    • "Are We Not Men?"

• Clip
    • "Where's Your Brother?"

• Clip
    • "Want To Play?"

• Clip
    • "Hide"

• Clip
    • "Apocalypse"

• Clip
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Watched this finally after seeing it a bunch in those "upcoming movies" compilations. It's been out for a bit, but I'm slow.

In my opinion, it's a really good monster movie.

Nicolas Cage is the only big name actor in it, which I find helps because you're not going in with the expectation that X actor will be playing Y role. On top of that, Nic Cage isn't even in a ton of it, and when he is I feel he has fairly few speaking lines, so it does feel like they let the other actors carry it and it wasn't just a vehicle for him.

I also think they did a really good job of hiding the monster. Both in the first half of the movie, and in all the promotional trailers, etc. I even think they leaned in to misconception that it was a werewolf movie, which I feel the trailers implied. Some of the dialog even seems to nod to this, in the 'explain the end of the world in 10 seconds' bit.

But what it delivered was an original, weird, "what the fuck is that" type of monster vibe. Especially when they did the freaky jittering thing. Or combined into fucking Cirque Du Soliel wheels to roll around.

Some parts were predictable such as the kid not getting back to meet his brother before sundown after running off to see his crush. but it didn't ruin anything for me, oddly.

All in all I'm not mad about the $6.99 it cost to rent it.

(Oh, and I didn't even notice it came out on my birthday. Nice.)

BlackAvatar400

Watched this finally after seeing it a bunch in those "upcoming movies" compilations. It's been out for a bit, but I'm slow.

In my opinion, it's a really good monster movie.

Nicolas Cage is the only big name actor in it, which I find helps because you're not going in with the expectation that X actor will be playing Y role. On top of that, Nic Cage isn't even in a ton of it, and when he is I feel he has fairly few speaking lines, so it does feel like they let the other actors carry it and it wasn't just a vehicle for him.

I also think they did a really good job of hiding the monster. Both in the first half of the movie, and in all the promotional trailers, etc. I even think they leaned in to misconception that it was a werewolf movie, which I feel the trailers implied. Some of the dialog even seems to nod to this, in the 'explain the end of the world in 10 seconds' bit.

But what it delivered was an original, weird, "what the fuck is that" type of monster vibe. Especially when they did the freaky jittering thing. Or combined into fucking Cirque Du Soliel wheels to roll around.

Some parts were predictable such as the kid not getting back to meet his brother before sundown after running off to see his crush. but it didn't ruin anything for me, oddly.

All in all I'm not mad about the $6.99 it cost to rent it.

(Oh, and I didn't even notice it came out on my birthday. Nice.)
I love Nicolas Cage. He's an awesome actor. It's cool that he named one of his offspring after the man of steel. Literally named the kid Kal-El 😎

Back
Top Bottom