• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Anyone been to Hershey Park?

Gloom-is-good

2.5 raccoons in a trench coat
GW Elder
Hi!
I wanna go and spend a couple of days at Hershey Park. I've done the tourist stuff and I've also spent a couple of hours riding a few of their roller coasters.
Was looking at staying on the resort because you know.. It’s closer? Those start at $350 A NIGHT! Am I just cheap or is that standard for hotels now?? FML

Anyone been there and can give me some tips on how to maximize my time? I wanna hit up both the theme park and the water park so I think I'll definitely need 2 full days

In-park hotels are always expensive. I looked it up and the Hilton down the road is less expensive, and the Wyndham nearby is even cheaper. They're both right beside the park.

There's a motel nearby too that's even cheaper. Ratings aren't bad but one of the reviews says: "hair was on the towels, it smelled like nasty dirty old people"

Hersheypark is great. Lots of great roller coasters and thrill rides, a pretty cool Waterpark that is PART of the park instead of some place separated from the rest of the park forcing you to buy another ticket, and the chocolate factory tour is free.

I would just stay at a hotel by the 322/422 interchange. There's a Holiday Inn Epxress, Hilton Garden Inn, and Comfort Inn there. Or if you go up 422, you'll find even more options, like Rodeway Inn, Super 8, Fairfield, Tru by Hilton (gen z hotel shit), Travelodge, Hampton Inn, and even further down, a Knights Inn (budget hotel).

I prefer Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, or Hilton Garden Inn because they typically provide a consistent experience without going full luxury, and have continental breakfasts. Going budget has too many risks that can ruin the comfort factor. I wish I could trust budget hotels, but too many are just plain awful.

Edit: Go back towards the I-83 interchange and there's even more solid places. This specialty Best Western is nearby. I wonder what an upgrade Best Western is like:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hi!
I wanna go and spend a couple of days at Hershey Park. I've done the tourist stuff and I've also spent a couple of hours riding a few of their roller coasters.
Was looking at staying on the resort because you know.. It’s closer? Those start at $350 A NIGHT! Am I just cheap or is that standard for hotels now?? FML

Anyone been there and can give me some tips on how to maximize my time? I wanna hit up both the theme park and the water park so I think I'll definitely need 2 full days

That's standard for hotels on theme park property.

Gloom-is-good

GW Elder
Tru by Hilton (gen z hotel shit)
Can you please explain why this is Gen Z hotel Shit? lol It's sooo funny. I've stayed at one once in a small town east Texas. I guess I don't pick up on differences between the brands.

We're all booked!

I'm spending a free day in Philadelphia if anyone has any suggestions on non-touristy things to do (I've already been there 3x so I've done all of it). This will be my first time renting an EV so... any tips you have about that, I'd sure welcome them as well :)

Can you please explain why this is Gen Z hotel Shit? lol It's sooo funny. I've stayed at one once in a small town east Texas. I guess I don't pick up on differences between the brands.

We're all booked!

I'm spending a free day in Philadelphia if anyone has any suggestions on non-touristy things to do (I've already been there 3x so I've done all of it). This will be my first time renting an EV so... any tips you have about that, I'd sure welcome them as well :)
It's the way they're marketed, who they're marketing to, and some of the design choices that are made in the rooms. They're being designed as "lifestyle hotels", or whatever that means.

I'm not familiar with this site, and the "article" could be written by AI, but it's the only one that actually lists the hotel brands targeting "millennials" and younger generations.

I feel like I don't need to be pandered to. If you want to add new features, I won't complain, but me being a millennial is just supposed to be the generation I was born in, not some identity that needs to be pandered to.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Hersheypark is great. Lots of great roller coasters and thrill rides, a pretty cool Waterpark that is PART of the park instead of some place separated from the rest of the park forcing you to buy another ticket, and the chocolate factory tour is free.

I would just stay at a hotel by the 322/422 interchange. There's a Holiday Inn Epxress, Hilton Garden Inn, and Comfort Inn there. Or if you go up 422, you'll find even more options, like Rodeway Inn, Super 8, Fairfield, Tru by Hilton (gen z hotel shit), Travelodge, Hampton Inn, and even further down, a Knights Inn (budget hotel).

I prefer Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, or Hilton Garden Inn because they typically provide a consistent experience without going full luxury, and have continental breakfasts. Going budget has too many risks that can ruin the comfort factor. I wish I could trust budget hotels, but too many are just plain awful.

Edit: Go back towards the I-83 interchange and there's even more solid places. This specialty Best Western is nearby. I wonder what an upgrade Best Western is like:

All of this is solid advice, down to the hotels.

I also recommend checking the park schedule and seeing what kind of events they have going on when you’ll be there. You could luck out and see a concert in a relatively intimate setting compared to other venues.

Gloom-is-good

GW Elder

I feel like I don't need to be pandered to. If you want to add new features, I won't complain, but me being a millennial is just supposed to be the generation I was born in, not some identity that needs to be pandered to.
Thank you! That was an interesting read learning about the various other brands. Didn't realize there were so many. I also agree I don't feel like a hotel really needs to pander to me as a millennial. Most of the time, I just need a place to crash that won't gave bed bugs.
My close friends want to do a family trip to Hershey Park someday... I'd be down just because my second favorite brewery is right across the street. (Troegs, check em out!)
I'll put Troegs on the list!

Back
Top Bottom