• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Multi Another game I've been helping with 🌸

I apologize for all the shameless plugs, but excited to finally officially announce my client's upcoming game Primrows that I've been helping produce. This is a casual game that will be excellent on mobile and available on Steam as well.

How to play:
- Prune flowers so no flower repeats in any line or quadrant
- Flower faces help you strategize
- Quick Play or Journal Play modes
- Weekly challenges
- Set your season and enjoy ambient nature soundtracks

It's a bit like flower dice sudoku, with a dash of roll 'n' write board game appeal, and weekly challenges to keep things spicy.

This is a trans-owned women-led small studio that used this project to learn Unity for the first time, and ended up deciding to launch it as a full fledged product.

Really hope any cozy and casual gamers out there like it!

Wishlist on Steam: https://bit.ly/3LuF7Kw
iOS and Android, get notified when it's available:
- Newsletter: https://www.tursiopsstudios.com/primrows#connect
- Discord: https://discord.gg/KDGvtwR
- Await more shameless plugs ✨

Nonsense, bring them on! I love seeing them :)
Looks interesting. Definitely let us know when it launches
Aww thanks you guys :3

Looks neat, I'll have to try and support it when I can!
It will be free to play on iOS and Android, so you'll be able to play regardless! Actually thanks to some feedback from this thread I was able to help convince them that premium games don't really do well on mobile. They also settled on no ads, and the owner hates cash grabs, so it will be a single fee to unlock everything, with honestly a significant portion of the game being playable even without paying.

They definitely would appreciate you sharing with anyone you know who might like cozy, gardening, or logic games though 🌸 They also have a TikTok and Instagram that gets regular content from the community manager. Their cat content is doing pretty well lol.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Aww thanks you guys :3
:)
It will be free to play on iOS and Android, so you'll be able to play regardless! Actually thanks to some feedback from this thread I was able to help convince them that premium games don't really do well on mobile. They also settled on no ads, and the owner hates cash grabs, so it will be a single fee to unlock everything, with honestly a significant portion of the game being playable even without paying.
I'd still like to support if I'm able, particularly for a trans developer. I will play on mobile, but if I can grab it on Steam I absolutely will.
They definitely would appreciate you sharing with anyone you know who might like cozy, gardening, or logic games though 🌸 They also have a TikTok and Instagram that gets regular content from the community manager. Their cat content is doing pretty well lol.
I have a community of people I'm a part of that includes a lot of gardeners and people who I'm sure would be interested in it. I will pass the links around as soon as I'm back at my desk!

:)

I'd still like to support if I'm able, particularly for a trans developer. I will play on mobile, but if I can grab it on Steam I absolutely will.

I have a community of people I'm a part of that includes a lot of gardeners and people who I'm sure would be interested in it. I will pass the links around as soon as I'm back at my desk!
Cathy the owner/developer/game designer will definitely appreciate that! She really doesn't enjoy the whole business and marketing side of things in general and hates pushing things on people, so sharing with relevant groups would be a really big help to her! We've made it as cozy as possible, so anyone who enjoys gardening or even nature (the ambient soundscapes are really stellar and sounds are randomized, so it's like real nature) I think will enjoy the aesthetic.

It's almost like... Reverse Bejeweled.
Reverse Bejeweled, I think that's a first, I like it. Definitely very interested in how people see the game. None of us are great at marketing and this game has been particularly hard to figure out the marketing for because it started as a remake of one of her older games as a learning project, so we've had to try to find the audience for it as it became a bigger project rather than it being explicitly designed for a particular audience.

Never been much for Sudoku, but the premise without math is appealing.
No math-ing needed! The original version of this game felt a little mathy-er, and we tried hard to simplify into something that could be played with symbols only and make an easy tutorial that anyone can understand. We're also playtesting now with people who enjoyed the game but aren't too math-y so we can balance the high scores towards the average player. Cathy herself is pretty incredible at math, and therefore seems to be about 20 times better at the game than the rest of us lol, so for anyone who maths for fun there's extra strategizing you can apply, but it's been designed to be easily played by the rest of us. I failed to find the picture of her giant tub of them, but she has something like 80-100 of these logic puzzle toys that she's an expert at solving.

399333371_10160958340958630_6471665058238071338_n.jpg
Every so often I'll hear the soft clink of a puzzle getting dropped on the floor during a meeting and a new one being dug out lol.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Cathy the owner/developer/game designer will definitely appreciate that! She really doesn't enjoy the whole business and marketing side of things in general and hates pushing things on people, so sharing with relevant groups would be a really big help to her! We've made it as cozy as possible, so anyone who enjoys gardening or even nature (the ambient soundscapes are really stellar and sounds are randomized, so it's like real nature) I think will enjoy the aesthetic.
I will do my best to spread the word where I can, most definitely! I'm no marketing expert, but I can certainly run my mouth/fingers, lol. I will spread it around just now and keep passing it as it gets closer to release, happily! I've subscribed to the newsletter, joined the Discord, added it to the Steam wishlist, even dusted off my instagram account to give a follow, lol. Got my eyes peeled :)

I will do my best to spread the word where I can, most definitely! I'm no marketing expert, but I can certainly run my mouth/fingers, lol. I will spread it around just now and keep passing it as it gets closer to release, happily! I've subscribed to the newsletter, joined the Discord, added it to the Steam wishlist, even dusted off my instagram account to give a follow, lol. Got my eyes peeled :)
You're so fast! Your shares and follows much appreciated!
I Love You GIF by Njorg

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
I do dig the name "PrimRows". Please tell me someone at least suggested "Seedoku" during conceptualization.

Reverse Bejeweled, I think that's a first, I like it. Definitely very interested in how people see the game. None of us are great at marketing and this game has been particularly hard to figure out the marketing for because it started as a remake of one of her older games as a learning project, so we've had to try to find the audience for it as it became a bigger project rather than it being explicitly designed for a particular audience.
Probably not really accurate, but it was the first place my brain went when seeing make rows match nothing.

Cathy herself is pretty incredible at math
More like Mathy.

america burn GIF

((Damn, that gif loops so well.))

I do dig the name "PrimRows". Please tell me someone at least suggested "Seedoku" during conceptualization.

Probably not really accurate, but it was the first place my brain went when seeing make rows match nothing.

More like Mathy.

america burn GIF

((Damn, that gif loops so well.))
Seedoku, I like it :D Alas it was already named in her original game from like a decade ago. Sudoku does throw people off a little since they expect to be placing items into the grid, when actually flowers grow randomly (like a dice roll) into empty spaces. It's as much if not more inspired by roll and writes (e.g. Yahtzy) than sudoku, but a lot more people seem to know what sudoku is and is what they first seem to pick out first, so we tried to simplify the roll and write part as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom