• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

TV Shows Ahsoka

Who's been watching? Episode 4 was absolutely amazing, as has been the whole series, but the reveal at the end of the episode was especially awesome.

I've also been reading that apparently this is Dave Filoni's way of ret-conning the sequel trilogy and making this part of the Star Wars story the "official" canon now. Kind of like an alternate, parallel canon that's happening along side the sequel trilogy's timeline. The video below explains it better than I can. Honestly, Dave and Jon Favreau need to be in charge of all things Star Wars from now on as anything they touch is pure gold.

I dunno. I like the character Ahsoka but I'm finding the show dull. Clone wars and rebels Ahsoka were much more interesting. It feels like she is just a background character in her own show. I realize she is older and wiser but her character has always been on the reckless side, here she's the least interesting character.

I'm a massive Filoni fan but I'm not digging the recent shows as much. Andor was incredible but Boba Fett, Mando season 3, Obi wan were lacking. Trying to shoe horn it into making the sequel series make sense is hindering what could be.

I dunno. I like the character Ahsoka but I'm finding the show dull. Clone wars and rebels Ahsoka were much more interesting. It feels like she is just a background character in her own show. I realize she is older and wiser but her character has always been on the reckless side, here she's the least interesting character.

I'm a massive Filoni fan but I'm not digging the recent shows as much. Andor was incredible but Boba Fett, Mando season 3, Obi wan were lacking. Trying to shoe horn it into making the sequel series make sense is hindering what could be.
Boba Fett was OK at best, I'll give you that, but I loved Mando s3 and Obi Wan. I'm really liking Ahsoka so far.

Do I need to see any of the animated clone wars shows to understand this? I’ve only seen the movies and the Disney+ shows. I haven’t started this yet
Not really, but I would suggest Rebels more than Clone Wars for it, mostly the last season.

Do I need to see any of the animated clone wars shows to understand this? I’ve only seen the movies and the Disney+ shows. I haven’t started this yet

Definitely Rebels. But the Clone Wars adds so much depth to the entire franchise that I would watch it. In particular the last season of it is a MASSIVE addition to the lore.

Way late to answering this, but this is the first non kid series that I watched with my daughter. Loved that she could watch some Star Wars where nearly all of the main characters were women, and she absolutely loved it. I have to say that I really enjoyed it too. There was a degree of predictability to it in that each episode seemed to tick a few of the same boxes, but it was another show that I just able to sit back and enjoy. I also really liked that Thrawn 'won' in the end. Before watching this I read the Thrawn trilogy and it was much better than I expected, but I struggled to see how they'd translate that character to a limited series like this. They couldn't really properly reflect just how much of a tactical genius he is given the medium, but letting him win was a nice surprise and was true to the character. Obviously in subsequent seasons, shows or films he won't end up winning, but that's ok given that he's strictly a villain here (in the books he isn't, really, despite being an officer of the Empire). So yeah, good show. Definitely much better than Boba Fett, which was really not very good. Obviously not as good as Andor, which was absolutely superb, and probably sits a bit below Mandalorian.

Back
Top Bottom