• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Multi Ace Attorney Fans?

Over the 15 or so months I have flew through this series. Playing the all Ace Attorney games other than the Great Ace Attorney. I even played Investigations and part of Investigations 2 fan translation, but gave up after case 2

I love the humor and characters and the puzzle aspect of figuring out the who and how done it. Trials and Tribulations is easily my favorite. I think Spirit of Justice is probably the next best overall, the last case is great, gives Apollo finally some good development and not a bad case. There are other games with more great cases, but the no weak cases really separates it from say Justice for All or the first

it's a great series! i played through the original trilogy (and AJ) in high school. when AA5 came out i was super excited but that excitement tapered off a bit when i heard Shu Takumi (the writer/creator of the original trilogy and AJ) wasn't involved with it. i still played it but had some problems with it because i was holding it to an insanely high standard lol. AA6 i haven't touched yet

however i highly recommend Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright (what Shu Takumi was working on during AA5) even if it's hard to track down. i also highly recommend the Ghost Trick remaster that just came out--i think that's easily his best self-contained work

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
however i highly recommend Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright (what Shu Takumi was working on during AA5) even if it's hard to track down. i also highly recommend the Ghost Trick remaster that just came out--i think that's easily his best self-contained work
I second all of this. Great gamed.

As for AA, I ended up consuming most if not all of them on Twitch through other people playing them. I honestly think it might have made the experience even more enjoyable as the lad I follow is hilarious on his own accord as well. Detective games in general seem to be great with a crowd as you can try to guess what the heck is going on. And then there's a twist or the correct answer was something weird and silly which is also great.

it's a great series! i played through the original trilogy (and AJ) in high school. when AA5 came out i was super excited but that excitement tapered off a bit when i heard Shu Takumi (the writer/creator of the original trilogy and AJ) wasn't involved with it. i still played it but had some problems with it because i was holding it to an insanely high standard lol. AA6 i haven't touched yet

I do think AA6 improves a lot from AA5. 5 has my single least favorite case in the main series

Ghost trick is high on my radar

i didn't think anything would ever beat (in a manner of speaking) the clown case but gee whiz that middle case in 5 sure did

I know the clown case gets a lot of hate, I didnt mind it and I think it's a solid filler case, though creepy with these older men creeping on the young girl.

By middle case do you mean the school (case 3) or the one with the demon thing (case 2)

I know the clown case gets a lot of hate, I didnt mind it and I think it's a solid filler case, though creepy with these older men creeping on the young girl.
yeah that part has aged SUPER not good lol
By middle case do you mean the school (case 3) or the one with the demon thing (case 2)
the school one. the big plot twist in the middle of that one is rough. truth be told i barely remember the demon case at all

yeah that part has aged SUPER not good lol

the school one. the big plot twist in the middle of that one is rough. truth be told i barely remember the demon case at all

I liked the school one, it was a little melodramatic, but that is dead up for this series. It was kind of sloppy, but I enjoyed the friendships and the mystery

yeah sloppy is a good word for it. the friendships were good yeah but the plot twists were just so...lacking. i was so sick of being told that the ends justified the means by the end of it all lol

and don't even get me started on how weak the big bad reveal at the end was...just some random faceless guy who came out of nowhere and will never be heard from again? he wishes he was damon gant

yeah sloppy is a good word for it. the friendships were good yeah but the plot twists were just so...lacking. i was so sick of being told that the ends justified the means by the end of it all lol

and don't even get me started on how weak the big bad reveal at the end was...just some random faceless guy who came out of nowhere and will never be heard from again? he wishes he was damon gant

Yeah, the villain in that case was too obvious, but they did have a great break down.

I mean the big villain could have been cool, but would have been better if it was foreshadowed.
I wouldnt have mind the Fullbright being the phantom if again it was foreshadowed better. I know he was killed before the start of the game, but would have been cooler if it happened before the final case and we noticed a slight change in Fullbright

What I really hate is how just about anything from Apollo Justice was ignored. The Jurist system,
Phoenix's more jaded attitude, Apollo's mom and being half siblings to Trucey

I recently finished the original Ace Attorney Trilogy. Enjoyed!! Liked the first game most, the second two were good but just kept coming back to the spirit medium stuff which I didn't enjoy as much as the non-supernatural murder whodunnits. Looking forward to the next ones when I have 3DS moments.

Back
Top Bottom