• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

3 hours without power, crew starting to lose their mind

Just turn the power back on.

obvi GIF

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Since we're here, I'd just like to add that Americans (and most places) not having switches on their outlets is very weird. I always wondered growing up why on stuff like The Simpsons they always yanked the whole cord out instead of just turning off the switch.
Usually a few outlets will have a switch near where the other light switches are, so you can plug a lamp into them. Do all outlets have a switch where you are?

It's a bit annoying if you're using the outlet for something else though, since the switch often gets turned off with all the other switches and then you have to figure out what's going on when whatever you plugged in won't turn on.

Slightly related, I have multiple switches in my home that I've lived in since 2016, that I had no idea what they control. My only guess is they used to control an outlet and a previous owner disconnected them.

Slightly related, I have multiple switches in my home that I've lived in since 2016, that I had no idea what they control. My only guess is they used to control an outlet and a previous owner disconnected them.

While we dont have anything that weird, the switches in our main area dont make sense for the ligths and its kind of backwards and like 8 years later it still confuses me and I hit the wrong switch the first time

Usually a few outlets will have a switch near where the other light switches are, so you can plug a lamp into them. Do all outlets have a switch where you are?

Normally yes. It's not actually a requirement but they're almost always switched. All our plugs are fused as well because of the way UK houses are typically wired, which is why our plugs are so big. Singapore is the same because they use the same plugs.

Also we push our switches down whilst you tend to flick yours up.

I think it's time to open up those walls and search for the stairs to the secret basement!

• Hmm
Reactions: Kat
Back
Top Bottom